Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

py2006 wrote: »
    So, realistically speaking, who is going to be our next signing? (if any??)

De Gea on a 5yr deal with am agreement to be sold after two to Madrid if he still wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And yet barely a drop in our ocean...

Pretty much.

Also, wasn't Makelele around 20m too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

otemendi i would guess at

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Id say otamendi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

magnumbud wrote: »
    otemendi i would guess at

I'd like it to be him. He's on holidays after the Copa and wouldn't have been on the tour anyway so perhaps all is agreed and just being held off while he recharges the batteries !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pro. F wrote: »
    In the four seasons following that 2009 summer United won the league twice, came second twice by a total of one point deficit and reached a CL final. Describing that summer as the beginning of a collapse is ridiculous.

The reason we've had to have two consecutive crazy summers in terms of incoming transfers is because we've changed managers twice in two seasons and both managers made a mess of building their new teams (possibly, but not likely, because of interference from the business men).

I know what we won but the squad quality declined and is part of why Moyes and now Van Gaal have struggled I think

Liverpool almost won the league and it was about 80% down to one player, we were getting results that didn't represent how good of a squad we had. Fergie playing a huge part in that, I don't believe any other manager would have had the success and then RVP was playing at an unbelievable level for one of the titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

twinex wrote: »
    Ramos named Madrid captain eh?, anyone else feel like we were manipulated a little? oh Sergio, you slippery eel you:cool:

Maybe Ed manipulated Real as well.Knows Ramos has no interest joining United so uses that to halt the DDG transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

carrick

Schweinsteiger herrera

di maria
    depay

rooney

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

schneiderlin

----bastian
    di maria

mata
    depay

rooney

de gea

darmian
    jones----rojo
    blind

carrick

mata
    bastian----herrera----di maria

rooney

de gea

darmian
    jones----smalling
    shaw

di maria---schneiderlain--bastian--young

rooney
    depay

so many options i could go on and on.... serious talent in the squad now and so many different formations/tactics available to the gaffer now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sometimes you have to troll...like when @SocialRMadrid is trolling and saying it doesn't matter if De Gea is on a plane to the US, he is joining Madrid.

Reading some of the replies, and someone had the same tweet but used Ramos being on tour in Australia and how he will be a United player.

Maybe De Gea stays. Given Real Madrid wants around £60 million for Ramos, there is a small part of me that would love to meet their asking price and we get Ramos while keeping De Gea.
    But that would be very pricey, but still better than what PSG paid for Luiz in terms of quality defender.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Di Maria exit getting closer it would seem.

I would really laugh and laugh and laugh if this happened.

https://twitter.com/SocialRMadrid/status/620642638094471168

Valdes to Real Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Disagree with you - the squad quality started to decline following the Ronaldo sale - and the titles and CL final just papered over the cracks. We beat Shalke in the semi to reach that Final, we were blessed with that draw. We've need, and not got, players in key positions near every summer. This summer is the first one that looks to be leaving no issues in the squad.

We can discount the CL final, knock-out competitions are tiny samples anyway. The dominance in the league over the four seasons after the summer of 09 is still enough to disprove the idea that the team were in some sort of collapse.

I would say it is extremely premature to think that the squad won't have any issues by the time the summer window is passed.
    Trilla wrote: »
    While I agree with 90% of that, I still can't help but think that if RVP got injured or didn't the ground running as well as he did in his first season, we would have struggled big time. He covered the cracks that were there for 5 years now and really pealed off in 13-14 season

There were definitely issues with the way Fergie built his squads, but that's the same with all managers. With regards to what would have happened if RVP had been injured, you could say the same about most league winning teams. What if Chelsea hadn't had Hazard the season just gone, or City hadn't had Aguero the season they won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Di Maria exit getting closer it would seem.

I believe that will be up to Van Gaal; if he wants him to stay he stays. I doubt that either the player or PSG will change his mind.

Di Maria did state that he wondered why he wasn't picked towards the end of the season, but he was justifiably dropped, his form dropped a lot in the second half of the season. It's not easy to adjust to PL, and things like the break-in seemed to hit him hard.

I'd hope that the new signings will renew his motivation, and hopefully it's enough for De Gea to reconsider too; it was reported that De Gea had said back in January that his staying depended on CL qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

CJy-MhPUEAEXJow.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

di maria has to learn to keep possession. when to pass and when not to. i think van gaal was not impressed by his inability to retain the ball in matches. too often he gave it away rather than retain the ball like van gaal wants.

having said that i think he would excel in a robben role, cutting in from the right

• Advertisement

CJzw4s-WoAITi1q.jpg

Bromance is getting very real :pac:

CJzvTAZWwAA7ahi.jpg

How much trophies in this photo :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

CJzvTAZWwAA7ahi.jpg

How much trophies in this photo :cool:

Id say about 39

Edit just realised giggs had about 30 on his own so id say 45 or 46

Money in the betting markets going with Otamendi, now 2/5 to join.

Seems to be money coming for Muller too, can't see that happening unless we are going to go for a world record fee, using money from a Di Maria sale to PSG. Odds for Muller gone from 12/1 to 9/2. It would have to be an exceptional offer to get him...

Meanwhile Lloris has fractured his wrist, so if DDG had left, he would not have been an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ramos named Madrid captain eh?, anyone else feel like we were manipulated a little? oh Sergio, you slippery eel you:cool:
    tumblr_mtgl1h0rMM1sfyszho1_500.gif

Even if he is named captain and signs a new contract, no one was manipulated.

He was going to be named captain anyway.

• Advertisement

Lloris injured wrist so could be out for start of season. Small bit off topic butnof de gea goes it could be ontopic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I know what we won but the squad quality declined and is part of why Moyes and now Van Gaal have struggled I think

Liverpool almost won the league and it was about 80% down to one player, we were getting results that didn't represent how good of a squad we had. Fergie playing a huge part in that, I don't believe any other manager would have had the success and then RVP was playing at an unbelievable level for one of the titles

You don't win the league twice and finish second twice, by a total of one point deficit, over four seasons with a squad that is in a state of collapse. Fergie was one of the best managers ever, but he wasn't winning titles with an upper mid-table squad like people are imagining. You can say that the squad quality declined, but it was still a high quality squad. Easily good enough for top four. Moyes is a second rate manager and Van Gaal made a mess of building his team last summer, that's why they struggled and why we've needed so many signings recently.

Rooney scored one more goal and the team finished on the exact same number of points the season before RVP arrived. His performance and the supposed decline of the team performance that season are vastly over exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Ramos named Madrid captain eh?, anyone else feel like we were manipulated a little? oh Sergio, you slippery eel you

Well ya but I always thought he was just doing the same thing Ronaldo did a few years ago, use United to get a bigger contract, so didn't really pay attention to the Ramos rumours.

Or maybe Ed has been playing Madrid all along...Says he wants Ramos and digs the heels in. Then eventually says alright keep Ramos, we'll take Bale instead. Real think they have won and get De Gea while we get Bale and go off and buy Otamendi instead.

On MUTV, David from Skelmerdale, talking about Di Marie, and he said Rooney seemed to be on the Wayne...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

CJzw4s-WoAITi1q.jpg

Bromance is getting very real :pac:

Shaws pants are about 2 sizes too small for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Random prediction - If we don't go in for Otamendi, I can see us playing Carrick at CB in parts next season.

Haha paddy say it straight for a change "its not good he is gone to america we want him to sign a contract" i disagree i think its good he is gone.

Random prediction - If we don't go in for Otamendi, I can see us playing Carrick at CB in parts next season.

I would be 100 percent confident we are signing otamendi i have thought it from the start and i havent changed my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Even if he is named captain and signs a new contract, no one was manipulated.

He was going to be named captain anyway.

Ah c'mon now, Man Utd's name has been used by many a top player/agent around Europe to get what they want, be it a wage increase or contract extension etc. Even "our" Ronaldo flirted with us a few years back as a means to justify his ends.
    I'm well aware other top clubs are exploited this way but Utd are my team and I feel Ramos is playing his hand well......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Schneiderlin done? Nice one. Somewhere, deep in the annals of boards during the Moyes era, ShadowComplex probably posted a lineup that included Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Herrera, Falcao and Schneiderlin and we all probably laughed at him. :o

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon now, Man Utd's name has been used by many a top player/agent around Europe to get what they want, be it a wage increase or contract extension etc. Even "our" Ronaldo flirted with us a few years back as a means to justify his ends.
    I'm well aware other top clubs are exploited this way but Utd are my team and I feel Ramos is playing his hand well......

It's a bit of a complex we have hear, or a conspiracy.
    I'm sure over the course of the season we approach loads of players through their clubs just to check their availability, the club wants to keep them, or the player is open to the idea or on the fence.
    New contract will sort that and tie him down, keep him valued at the club.

Did one of ye say there was an under 21s match on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just seen begovic to Chelsea thank fúck for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Funny to hear paddy crerand and Co picking Otamendi any day over ramos as they reckon he wouldn't last in premier league with his temperament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just seen begovic to Chelsea thank fúck for that

Eh? We were never in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did one of ye say there was an under 21s match on tonight?

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/620498152160935937

Take a look at @ManUtd's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/620659245139251201?s=09

Yeh gowl not on tv tho pity cause they have a nice team out.

Shares in United currently up 4.2%

Thanks Ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've been in the gym the last hour and a half. Who'd we sign while I was away?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've been in the gym the last hour and a half. Who'd we sign while I was away?

Ottamendi and Ramos. DeGea is gone to Madrid. We are not signing a keeper. In fact, Van Gaal has decided that since our defence and midfield is sh1t hot, we don't actually need a keeper, and will be playing 11 outfield players from now on.:pac:

Daily Mail claiming we still want Ramos and Otamendi.
    Manchester United remain intent on signing Sergio Ramos from Real Madrid but have not given up on Nicolas Otamendi at Valencia either.
    While most are questioning where the next striker will come from following Robin Van Persie's exit, coach Louis van Gaal wants to ensure he has enough leaders and more aggression in his squad to take the club forward.
    Ramos has indicated to United he wants to come to Old Trafford and van Gaal remains hopeful Ed Woodward can strike an agreement where David de Gea will go to Madrid in the same deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

OT
    Absolutely delighted with Ranieri getting Leicester job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

RobertKK wrote: »
    Daily Mail claiming we still want Ramos and Otamendi.

I hope it is true but don't think we have a hope of getting ramos now but would be happy to see Otamendi sign. Having a combination of smalling/rojo or jones/Evans does not fill me with confidence when we have England and Europe's best strikers attacking us. But with a strong cb like ottamendi marshalling our defence I think it would be one of the final pieces in the jigsaw to bringing the premier league trophy back to its true home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The boys arrive Stateside! The lads leaving for 'Merica!

2A7EECAC00000578-0-image-a-8_1436796423465.jpg

2A7EEE2F00000578-0-image-m-7_1436796416394.jpg

2A7F465A00000578-3159402-image-a-77_1436801354144.jpg

2A7F178300000578-3159402-image-a-73_1436801244852.jpg

2A7F17DF00000578-3159402-image-m-35_1436797759425.jpg

2A7EE7CA00000578-3159402-image-a-36_1436797765672.jpg

2A7F087200000578-3159402-image-a-38_1436799429128.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gillamandango

irishfeen wrote: »
    The boys arrive Stateside!

2A7F087200000578-3159402-image-a-38_1436799429128.jpg

Rafa saying good bye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

They're from Manchester Airport.

The flight to Seattle is about 12 hours.

Maybe Woodward is gone to America to get in closer touch with Otamendi and Di Maria's situation in Argentina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Is Schneiderlin really that good ?
    As in good enough to tear it up in the Champions league or game v other top 4 teams ?
    I'm a bit meh on that transfer.

As the Bastian, as long as he gets an injury- free run he will be just immense for United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

QikBax wrote: »
    They're from Manchester Airport.

The flight to Seattle is about 12 hours.

They would be probably over Hudson Bay bout now, took off just after 3 i think another 5 hours or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

After all the madness, I have been thinking about the positives and negatives of each of the 4 signings, but Schweinsteiger was the one I thought about for while longer.

I said it before, but if I had a choice of 2 players from Bayern it be Muller and Alaba. But, what United have lacked in the last few years is 1. A Good midfield(no prize for that I gather)2. Just as important though is a leader, a warrior and somebody who can be counted when needed.

I remember thinking back to the Madrid defeat at OT and how we collasped after the sending off. Yes, it was a huge moment in the Tie, but we lacked a presence and we caved in, too easily.

Schweinsteiger would not let that have happened. He is Germany's most successful player, which is quite the acheivment. He is a player United have been crying for years. Yes he is 31, yes I think his best is just behind him, but we're still getting a quailty player who influence in the dressing room and experience will not be matched.

The worries and little doubts about his injuries remain, but even if we only got 20 games from him his leadership and the composure it will give the rest of the team is somthing you cannot buy easily.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement