Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

RobertKK wrote: »
    Januzaj will be converted into a striker, and we will have Rooney and Wilson, so that just leaves ???? for who makes up the 4 strikers that we will use.

What makes Januzaj a striker? Has he played there underage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

so that just leaves ???? for who makes up the 4 strikers that we will use.

???? is a pretty good summation of our transfer policies these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

played there a good bit fir the u21 side

played there a good bit fir the u21 side

Ah I wasnt sure. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RVP deserves alot better than Turkey. Hopefully thats nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He has in the past.

Januzaj: “I like to play is in midfield or an inside winger but I can also play as a No 10 behind the striker or a No 8, or I can play on the wings as well, last year, I played striker for the reserves, so I can help the team in each position and try to do my best.”

The reserves coach in 2013 played him as a striker and according to Steve Round, the reserves coach told him that number 9 was his best position.
    ‘And if you ask our Reserves coach [Warren Joyce], who had him last season, he’d say he felt his best position was no.9. He played there for the Reserves."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Headshot wrote: »
    RVP deserves alot better than Turkey. Hopefully thats nonsense
    He can barely get around the pitch these days. There's no place for him at the top level anymore.

He has in the past.

Januzaj: “I like to play is in midfield or an inside winger but I can also play as a No 10 behind the striker or a No 8, or I can play on the wings as well, last year, I played striker for the reserves, so I can help the team in each position and try to do my best.”

The reserves coach in 2013 played him as a striker and according to Steve Round, the reserves coach told him that number 9 was his best position.
    ‘And if you ask our Reserves coach [Warren Joyce], who had him last season, he’d say he felt his best position was no.9. He played there for the Reserves."
    I do remember reading that he likes to play in midfield but was unaware of his striker ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I don't think Wilson is a real option either. Always saw him as an out and out goal scorer so again not suited to the Van Gaal system. The striker needs to have a bit about his game, no just be a poacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Because Nani was so important to the squad last year? We've already added Depay to be a new winger anyway. Wings are fine, DMC and Striker woefully ill equipped.

So Mata, Di Maria, Depay and Young is the optimum group of wingers? Di Maria and Mata are better through the middle and will no doubt get some game time there, what happens out on the right if Mata and ADM get injured? Valencia?! A player like Nani would have been perfect to fill that gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

adox wrote: »
    I don't think Wilson is a real option either. Always saw him as an out and out goal scorer so again not suited to the Van Gaal system. The striker needs to have a bit about his game, no just be a poacher.

He's looked very good with the ball at his feet from what I've seen of him. Kind of like a lankier young Michael Owen.

his ability to run with the ball from deep and maintain control while being challenged is brilliant - a real strength of his game.

Liam O wrote: »
    He's looked very good with the ball at his feet from what I've seen of him. Kind of like a lankier young Michael Owen.

See I always took Owen as an out and out goal scorer and would never dream of playing him on his own up front.

Having said that, I'm basing my opinion on Wilson mostly on his first team appearances and maybe only a handful of reserve games so I may be doing him a slight disservice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    We've no chance of signing Benzema, Kane, or Muller imo, so that leaves Lacazette, Higuain, Cavani, and Benteke as realistic options.

You'd get Kane if you really wanted him.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    You'd get Kane if you really wanted him.

For 50millioni plus we should steer well clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

For 50millioni plus we should steer well clear.

I agree. But you'd get him if you paid the asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Liam O wrote: »
    So Mata, Di Maria, Depay and Young is the optimum group of wingers? Di Maria and Mata are better through the middle and will no doubt get some game time there, what happens out on the right if Mata and ADM get injured? Valencia?! A player like Nani would have been perfect to fill that gap.

I could see Di Maria being used mainly as a winger next year. Doesn't keep possession well enough to play through the middle for us. Tries too many 50-50 passes which can be fine high up the field and when creating from wide but I can't see Van Gaal standing for it in the middle third.

Thats not what we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Billy86 wrote: »
    But he most certainly does not get talked about in the same breath as Ronaldo or Messi, or even anywhere close to them, which was the point of the poster you quoted.

Nobody does so by his logic nobody has fulfilled their potential.

• Advertisement

Valencia reported to be signing Garay. More signs Otamendi is moving.
    Please be to United...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Every player except Messi has their price imo... I just hope we don't blow too much on Kane if it can be spent elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Nobody does so by his logic nobody has fulfilled their potential.

The difference is that 10 years ago the question was Rooney vs. Messi vs. Ronaldo. An awful lot of people (possibly the most) would gone with Rooney, and Ronaldo backers would have surely been by far the smallest of the three. Rooney was seen as having the same level of potential as those guys, which is only true of a very, very small handful of players over the last decade or so. He has fallen very much short, in no small part because his dedication to his fitness, craft, etc is just not on the level of the other two.

I wonder if we sign both Ramos and Otamendi if Ramos would play both in centre back and also at times at right back?
    Maybe we will use Ramos if he signs as the back up for Valencia.
    I can see the horror from some as they read this post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sources state that Antonia Valencia has taken too using a wiji board too talk too the ghosts of Bobby Moore too help learn the art of defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sources state that Antonia Valencia has taken too using a wiji board too talk too the ghosts of Bobby Moore too help learn the art of defending

Ouija? Fidelma Healy Eames is that you?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Vidal to Real apparantly done.

If so at least we wont have to spend the summer reading about us signing him. Cracking player but one wonders if LvG/the club were ever seriously interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

That is surely the laziest article ever written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭paulbok

MrMac84 wrote: »

At the risk of getting a gif showing a joke going over a head, I gotta ask what this running gag is about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭paulbok

Vidal to Real apparantly done.

If so at least we wont have to spend the summer reading about us signing him. Cracking player but one wonders if LvG/the club were ever seriously
    interested.

Transfer fee and personal terms to be agreed suggests it's far from done yet.

• Advertisement

**** it Di Maria is injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Di Maria's hamstrings gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

****ing hammy it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Di Maria looks injured here in the Copa America final.

Hope its not serious.

for the love of god sub him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cancel nani's sale straight away.

Hopefully its not fully gone but dont look good.

Theres the excuse for another poor season sorted early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Looks like a pull rather than a tear, I doubt it's too serious.

Theres the excuse for another poor season sorted early.

Why would you even say that?

Bizzare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Sanchez is a joy to watch. Still sickened we never seemed to be in for him last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Might be blessing. He needs a rest anyway.

Why would you even say that?

Bizzare

Meh. Just bored of hearing excuses year after year on a variety of issues. He missed pre-season is always a good one, once he gets a good pre-season he'll be like a new signing etc etc. I look forward to hearing it trotted out if Di Maria underwhelms next season.

Will Di Maria underwhelm next season? Maybe he will maybe he won't. My gut tells me he will, and personally I would accept any offer from the likes of PSG that recoups close to our investment.

Obviously I would still prefer that he is not out injured for long.

I wonder if we go all out for Muller?
    LVG seems desperate to sign him.
    We will all dance like Thomas Muller if he could be convinced to join...

muller-dance.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Muller signs I will stop posting for month. Bookmark away.

I would cream the pance if he came.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Muller said on Instagram today he is going nowhere so wouldn't worry bout him coming anyway :(

Edit. Never mind, was a fake account....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Meh. Just bored of hearing excuses year after year on a variety of issues. He missed pre-season is always a good one, once he gets a good pre-season he'll be like a new signing etc etc. I look forward to hearing it trotted out if Di Maria underwhelms next season.

Will Di Maria underwhelm next season? Maybe he will maybe he won't. My gut tells me he will, and personally I would accept any offer from the likes of PSG that recoups close to our investment.

Obviously I would still prefer that he is not out injured for long.

So di Maria is a bad player is what you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If Muller signs I will stop posting for month. Bookmark away.

I would cream the pance if he came.

If he signs, I'll bring ye all down the canal with cans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

paulbok wrote: »
    At the risk of getting a gif showing a joke going over a head, I gotta ask what this running gag is about?

Just have a search for MythicalMadMan's daily update of Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So di Maria is a bad player is what you think?

I reckon he thinks he's slightly overrated and might be even a lesser player \ will struggle in the premier league again

I'd somewhat agree with that

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Muller said on Instagram today he is going nowhere so wouldn't worry bout him coming anyway :(

Edit. Never mind, was a fake account....

Going nowhere is what I see too.

But maybe United will try and see if Bayern have a price.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement