Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dahat wrote: »
    Di Marizo reporting we are in talks with Sergio Romero( free agent) ,Roma are also.

If he says it, then its 100% true imo.

Thing is, I've looked through his profile and he only mentions Roma. I'd say people are just assuming it come from him as its Sky Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Watching the u21s match from last night.

Iv got to say ashley fletcher has turned into a unit of a chap.

Maybe he is just surrounded by small people

Just to add to that, josh harrop scored a nice goal aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

keith16 wrote: »
    I don't think it becomes pointless at all. You use the clues at your disposal or try and read between the lines.

Good for you. Sounds pretty pointless to me, but whatever floats your boat.
    It's not a game of championship manager based purely on player availability and pitching their stats against the oppositions and declaring a winner on paper.

Cos then the whole sport becomes pointless.

Nobody said or implied that it was. What inane comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Pro. F wrote: »
    I expected the manager to buy players and pick formations that could have reasonably been expected to work well together.

In the space of a few weeks? I think he did pretty well considering. Back playing champions league football this season and addressing some major weaknesses in the team has met most peoples expectations.
    No, and inferring that I would because of some reasoned criticisms of Van Gaal is utterly stupid.

Utterly stupid? That's not very nice now, is it?

You talk about experimentation as thought it were a bad thing? I'm glad he did it. I have no doubts he will be able to build a better squad capable of going from 7th to 4th to challenging for the title this season for having done so.

I'm just not sure what the alternative was and you don't seem to offer any alternatives other than "buy players and play a good formation". Surely we could all be great managers if that's how it's done?
    Nobody said or implied that it was. What inane comment.

So we have gone from stupid to inane. Again, not very nice. You are implying that the management game is simple:

1. Buy players
    2. Play formation
    3. See obvious things
    4. ?????
    5. Profit

Someone has pointed out something even more obvious (to you) than Uniteds shortcomings: that things aren't always quite so straightforward.

Your response? "Stupid, inane, I didn't say that, sure let's never talk about football again".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Trilla wrote: »
    Sigh

Ya, no signings today.

Ed out!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

http://twitter.com/FullTimeDEVILS/status/621088560876228608

Could be a fake but if it is, it's a damn good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

In the space of a few weeks? I think he did pretty well considering. Back playing champions league football this season and addressing some major weaknesses in the team has met most peoples expectations.

He had enough time to make a plan for a formation and tactics and to start shaping the squad towards that goal. He spent £104m bringing in six players and letting the same number of first team squad players leave after all. So it is reasonable to expect that he should have done all that with a solid, practical plan in mind, even if he did only have a month and a half to work in.
    You talk about experimentation as thought it were a bad thing? I'm glad he did it. I have no doubts he will be able to build a better squad capable of going from 7th to 4th to challenging for the title this season for having done so.

No I don't. I never implied that experimentation on its own is a bad thing. A reasonable level of experimentation to find out what works best makes perfect sense for a manager building a team.

Bringing in players that don't work together and using formations that don't suit the players we have, however, is a bad thing. Only finding a properly functioning formation and line-up two thirds of the way through the season, one which is quite different from the one you bought for the previous summer, is a bad thing.
    I'm just not sure what the alternative was and you don't seem to offer any alternatives other than "buy players and play a good formation". Surely we could all be great managers if that's how it's done?

I have detailed alternative choices he could have made with regard to the transfers and formations many times over the last year.
    Utterly stupid? That's not very nice now, is it?
    So we have gone from stupid to inane. Again, not very nice. You are implying that the management game is simple:

1. Buy players
    2. Play formation
    3. See obvious things
    4. ?????
    5. Profit

Someone has pointed out something even more obvious (to you) than Uniteds shortcomings: that things aren't always quite so straightforward.

Your response? "Stupid, inane, I didn't say that, sure let's never talk about football again".

I am not implying the management game is simple. You are making things up to argue against and then complaining because I am not talking nicely enough to you about it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Fenix wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/FullTimeDEVILS/status/621088560876228608

Could be a fake but if it is, it's a damn good one.

What was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Otamendi is not due back for preseason till next Saturday. Good chance if we are to sign him it will be towards the end of next week.

Also RVP saying goodbye to English football on his FB. Seems to have no ill feeling and thanked Ed for sorting the deal quickly. Hope him and Nani do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

xtal191 wrote: »
    What was it?

Photoshopped pic of Schweinsteiger in a 'new' United kit. Definitely fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

xtal191 wrote: »
    What was it?

A nice photoshop

CJ6JnF8WgAADmOI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Standard Parody but I did a spit take when LVG popped up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First time I've seen that posted anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Why would the Bastisn photo be photo shopped? Thats the kit for this season. Looks real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GSPfan wrote: »
    Why would the Bastisn photo be photo shopped? Thats the kit for this season. Looks real.

Look at his hands over the shorts. As someone who works with photoshop day in day out that's defo a fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »

its been photoshopped because it isn't a real pic. The original pic is him in the Bayern kit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ6KFcTUEAAb6Vf.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Does it make a difference? The new kit goes live in 2 weeks. All the promo stuff has been done apart from the new signings.
    It's him in a jersey, we will see him wear for the whole season.
    Fake or not, it makes no difference. This is what he will look like in a utd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ya, no signings today.

Ed out!!! ;)

hang on a sec, I just posted this in the Villa thread cos we were linked with him and as I said there I know it's the sun but if true maybe this will be your new RBs understudy
    Manchester United have stolen a march on Aston Villa and Swansea City to bring in Mason Holgate on trial, report The Sun.

The Barnsley defender has one year remaining on his contract, with the Tykes permitting him to train with the Red Devils with a view to a move.

The Sun report Holgate, 18, is training with the remaining members of United's squad, with the first team having flown out on the club's US tour.

It would therefore be under-21 coach Warren Joyce rather than Louis van Gaal running the rule over the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

still cant believe we have 4 new players on the tour and 4 quality ones at that who will improve the starting 11 dramatically. really excited for the season ahead. add to the fact that we will be signing a world class striker it really is an exciting time to be a United fan. We are actually spoilt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bangkok wrote: »
    still cant believe we have 4 new players on the tour and 4 quality ones at that who will improve the starting 11 dramatically. really excited for the season ahead. add to the fact that we will be signing a world class striker it really is an exciting time to be a United fan. We are actually spoilt :)

Careful now, get too positive and someone will be sure to bring you down a peg in here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ander is our new no 1 :D

Video of him making some great saves

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/621241060086321152

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha sky saying united haven't agreed a fee with fernabache for the rvp transfer

Maybe it could be the reason why united didnt say goodbye, i dont know what would be going on in anyone from fernabache head they think a deal is done when its not but we will find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was checking there for transfer gossip

A lot of the sites are going with the story of Utd been interested in Argentina keeper Sergio Romero,he has played under LVG before at AZ

Free transfer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Its says Madrid will give DDG a 5m signing bonus if he signs for free next year.

Looks like we may have him for one more season.

CJ6PhdfVEAAjt3p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was checking there for transfer gossip

A lot of the sites are going with the story of Utd been interested in Argentina keeper Sergio Romero,he has played under LVG before at AZ

Free transfer as well.

He's a poor Goalkeeper. Lindegaard is the man :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He's a poor Goalkeeper. Lindegaard is the man :)

Or Ander!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bring back John O Shea put him in goals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Its says Madrid will give DDG a 5m signing bonus if he signs for free next year.

CJ6PhdfVEAAjt3p.jpg

I'd say that's just Madrid trying to advance negotiations.

Handy having their own newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

ADM looking likely to leave, would hate to see him go. He didn't have a great season just past but still has to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

CJ6PhdfVEAAjt3p.jpg

He has the Peter Schmeichel nose there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

CJ6PhdfVEAAjt3p.jpg

That wouldnt be anything new tho, if your moving on free transfer a player of his quality qould be looking to get a bigger sign on bonus then if he was moving for a fee.

EF wrote: »
    ADM looking likely to leave, would hate to see him go. He didn't have a great season just past but still has to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

the general feeling from the club is that he is not for sale.

Where are you reading this? Or seeing it?

Or any solid concrete proof apart from papers speculating on speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

The Daily Express are running it along with Le Parisian. Two pulitizer prize winning publications :rolleyes:

Careful now, get too positive and someone will be sure to bring you down a peg in here. ;)

no chance this is the season we are back with a bang....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY0tsKCB4lc

It's on sky sports "Di Maria agrees PSG deal (Le Parisien)". Still gossip at this stage but it wouldn't be surprising to see it go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wouldn't be sad to see Di Maria leave. He couldn't make the team last year, not sure how that will change this year. He's a very expensive player to have on the bench so I think if we get a good offer for him I can see the Club excepting it. With him gone it will give extra money to go get a top striker.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It's on sky sports "Di Maria agrees PSG deal (Le Parisien)". Still gossip at this stage but it wouldn't be surprising to see it go through

So, speculation on speculation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wouldn't be sad to see Di Maria leave. He couldn't make the team last year, not sure how that will change this year

Unless you think his performances last season are him at his best, you comment makes no sense to me.

I would think it clear we did not see his best last season - so it is easily arguable that if he starts to play to his potential he will not only make the team but be an absolutely key part of it. He is an incredibly talented footballer.

So, speculation on speculation

Well yes but if we are to stick to verified facts the thread would have been pretty much dead since the close of season up to last week.

Anyway, I would like to see him kept, fact :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Claims United put in a €45 million bid for Ramos, Real Madrid wants double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wouldn't be sad to see Di Maria leave. He couldn't make the team last year, not sure how that will change this year. He's a very expensive player to have on the bench so I think if we get a good offer for him I can see the Club excepting it. With him gone it will give extra money to go get a top striker.

It would more than likely change with familiarity and form. I wasn't the biggest fan of us signing ADM but there is no denying his ability. Last year he struggled, off field problems didn't help coupled with joining a new club in a new country etc.

I fully expect next season for him to improve greatly and if he does redeem the form he is capable of then will no doubt cement his place on the team.

di maria is class but if we signed Cavani and Ramos he would quickly be forgotten about. we would have an unbelievable squad if we got those 2

Well yes but if we are to stick to verified facts the thread would have been pretty much dead since the close of season up to last week.

Anyway, I would like to see him kept, fact :)

Indeed. But until there is verified facts, prepare or me to take aim at tabloid nonsense.

And the thread wouldn't be dead. We have always found crap to talk about when not shooting down tabloids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Imagine if United wanted to show power over Real Madrid and we ended up giving them what they wanted for Ramos, while keeping De Gea, getting Otamendi and using the sale of Di Maria for a world class striker...

We would be definite CL contenders barring a shock result in the August qualifiers.

Indeed. But until there is verified facts, prepare or me to take aim at tabloid nonsense.

And the thread wouldn't be dead. We have always found crap to talk about when not shooting down tabloids.

yep...

nani
    bebe
    guillem balague
    welbeck
    david luiz
    de gea
    choo choo
    fergie
    tactics
    bull****
    kate upton gifs
    Rachel riley gifs
    stupid gifs
    Liverpool
    fellaini
    fantasy 11's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cavani I just dont know.

I still think he is overrated.

Am I being harsh?

jayo26 wrote: »
    That wouldnt be anything new tho, if your moving on free transfer a player of his quality qould be looking to get a bigger sign on bonus then if he was moving for a fee.

with Casillas gone, what do real have left?

i dont think they can afford to wait a year...if we dont sell now, i think they have to sign somebody else no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Cavani I just dont know.

I still think he is overrated.

Am I being harsh?

I have this thing in my head about South American players just not adapting to English football

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement