Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Is this all not just an exercise in confirmation bias?
    Most of them would start their careers in the med.

Or even they have no ties to the country and want to experience other places in their short career.
    The cultural differences are a big thing though, especially when they have nothing to keep them in the country.
    You might get an Irishman or English man hate the med countries because of their lazy lifestyle.

I don't see how it's an exercise in confirmation bias. What evidence am I ignoring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

did anyone mention Falcao??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If we work off bookies odds right now:

Johnny Evans will join Everton
    Otmendi will join United
    DDG will move
    Ramos won't come the other way
    Cavani and Di Maria will swap clubs
    Gaitan will sign for United
    Hernandez is more likely to join west ham then stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/has-christian-benteke-just-given-manchester-united-fans-a-big-transfer-hint

Benteke favouriting tweets on the twitter box about coming to United... He wasnt even tagged in it so it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »

Otmendi will join United
    DDG will move

I'd reckon all that is fairly likely alright.

Looking forward to the transfer frenzy at the weekend when Woodward leaves the United tour after the game on Friday/Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That tweet was by an Irish lad too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That tweet was by an Irish lad too!
    Was it Bangkok
    is he ITK... :eek:

brinty wrote: »
    Was it Bangkok
    is he ITK... :eek:

negative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Otmendi will join United
    DDG will move sign a new contract at Manchester United
    Ramos won't will come to Manchester United
    Cavani and Di Maria will swap clubs on the 32nd of August 2015
    Gaitan will never ever sign for United
    Hernandez is more likely to join west ham Spurs then stay when 'Arry Kane signs for Manchester United

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Maybe he was favouriting so he could blast it later "ME? BACKUP? NO MY GOOD SIR!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So not only has Depay been named the best young talent in European football (by French Football magazine)...........

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/07/15/memphis-depay-europes-best-talent-106828/

.............he also turned down Bayern to join us.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9913663/Memphis-Depay-rejected-Bayern-Munich-for-Manchester-United-switch

So not only has Depay been named the best young talent in European football (by French Football magazine)...........

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/07/15/memphis-depay-europes-best-talent-106828/

.............he also turned down Bayern to join us.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9913663/Memphis-Depay-rejected-Bayern-Munich-for-Manchester-United-switch

and people say Bayern are bigger than us :)

bastian-schweinsteiger-manchester-united_3324861.jpg?20150713145954

BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

RVN10 wrote: »

I'd been concerned if he was happy to join with intentions of being a back up when he's 24 and should be looking to somewhere he'd play week in week out.

Maybe it was a classic accidental favourite. Like when you're scouting through someones photos on facebook and give it the accidental like and then you're screwed, except in his case rather than mocking from friends he gets media using it as a story :pac:

whatever striker we sign wont be a "backup" striker, he will be a striker competing with Rooney to play games week in week out. whatever striker we sign will be guaranteed 30 games this season, I wouldn't really call that backup. its a squad game, there is no such thing as a 1-11 squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Holy sh*t I just remembered about Schweinerlin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Was thinking about getting in MUFC for the games but it seems costly, I seen this which seems to give MUFC + every sports channel and every premier league game, any one use one? any good ?

http://www.adverts.ie/8421073

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M E N saying Woody is heading back to the UK to work on more transfers.

zerks wrote: »
    M E N saying Woody is heading back to the UK to work on more transfers.

Was always scheduled to come back after the opening game - i wouldn't read into it that anything immediate is going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was thinking about getting in MUFC for the games but it seems costly, I seen this which seems to give MUFC + every sports channel and every premier league game, any one use one? any good ?

PRobably against charter to talk about.

But they are basically streaming services, using customized versions of XBMC/Kodi. There are a few that hook up to your existing satellite dish etc.

But from doing investigation into it earlier in the year, they are no better, and worse, then my existing HTPC setup and streaming options. €175 sounds expensive.

A raspberry PI will set you back €30 and will manage streaming no problem. Kodi/XBMC and associated apps are easy to setup. with these things you are basically paying a large margin for someone to do, what you could do easily enough.

You can also just buy the boxes directly from alieexpress for next to nothing, and then load your own UI onto it.

If you have Sky, might be worth seeing what sort of deal you can get out of them. With the loss of CL, might be able to get them down in price. Best I have haggled to was €15 a month for the remainder of my contract.

If I can get them down to €10 a month I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Was always scheduled to come back after the opening game - i wouldn't read into it that anything immediate is going to happen.

He's probably just giving himself enough time to get back to Manchester for the PL. we all know the issues he has with travelling back on his own :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Tevez, mascherano

Diego Costa, deco both Brazilian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Have one for nearly a year now. Has its up and down moments. Basically its streams of all the major channels using a program called Kodi. You can actually but an android box (dream box) and install all the stuff yourself via YouTube tutorials rather than pay over the odds for it with it installed.

As for quality of streaming - it varies. Found it very handy for 3pm games in the Premier League though if your willing to sacrifice a bit of quality.

Edit: Doc beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Have one for nearly a year now. Has its up and down moments. Basically its streams of all the major channels using a program called Kodi. You can actually but an android box (dream box) and install all the stuff yourself via YouTube tutorials rather than pay over the odds for it with it installed.

As for quality of streaming - it varies. Found it very handy for 3pm games in the Premier League though if your willing to sacrifice a bit of quality.

Edit: Doc beat me to it.

My mate has that one and it comes with sportsmania paid for a year, he gets all the PPV events and HD sports 24/7 so thought I might get it for that alone. Seemed like good value when SKY and BT are costing me 80 quid a month.

Anyway just wanted some opinions. Thanks Guys.

Buy one from Amazon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobie-Amlogic-Cortex-A5-Android-Streaming/dp/B00Q8DWZQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436972272&sr=8-1&keywords=mobie+dazzle+amlogic+s805

Look up this site:https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-zeus-video-add-on-kodi/

Tried that Zeus repo and it's the biz.(BTW it works with KODI on a laptop aswell ;) )

Also stick Acestream Engine and Torrent Stream Controller on it and you are laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

bangkok wrote: »
    there is no such thing as a 1-11 squad.

Indeed, that would be the world's tiniest squad.

Indeed, that would be the world's tiniest squad.

blackpool last season cancelled their pre season trip to spain as they only had 8 players in their first team!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

and people say Bayern are bigger than us :)

bastian-schweinsteiger-manchester-united_3324861.jpg?20150713145954

BOOM

You never forget anything lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone able to tell me what number Schweinsteiger is going to wear ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Well 31 & 7 are both taken at the minute. Unles Fellani moves number? Even if Di Maria leaves I can see Memphis getting 7 not Bastian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Numbers won't be confirmed until after the tour I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

blackpool last season cancelled their pre season trip to spain as they only had 8 players in their first team!!

Yeah, how far they have fallen! can't help being slightly amused by it all.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well 31 & 7 are both taken at the minute. Unles Fellani moves number? Even if Di Maria leaves I can see Memphis getting 7 not Bastian

Andy Mitten has said LVG plans to change up the squad numbers.

If Mitten is right, it doesn't matter what is current considered available or unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

nein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    nein

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Could get 7 if ADM leaves and Memphis 9. Van Gaal is quite adamant that strikers wear 9. Thats why Wilson went from 47 to 49 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Id say lvg has more important things to be doing than deciding what numbers go to what players or to change it up.
    What's the point?
    It's a number.

• Advertisement

Could get 7 if ADM leaves and Memphis 9. Van Gaal is quite adamant that strikers wear 9. Thats why Wilson went from 47 to 49 last year.

our new striker will be no 9. depay will be 7 if di maria leaves I would reckon

Id say lvg has more important things to be doing than deciding what numbers go to what players or to change it up.
    What's the point?
    It's a number.

its not as if it just a number in fairness, its a multi million pound business to some players... Fergie was adamant Ronaldo took 7 when he joined even though he wanted 28.

Valencia didn't want no7 anymore as he felt to much pressure wearing the jersey. Rooney switched from no8 to no10 and said it gave him more confidence.. etc etc

I'll take a guess at 8.

JamboMac wrote: »
    I'll take a guess at 8.

Juan-Mata-Manchester-United.jpg

its not as if it just a number in fairness, its a multi million pound business to some players... Fergie was adamant Ronaldo took 7 when he joined even though he wanted 28.

Valencia didn't want no7 anymore as he felt to much pressure wearing the jersey. Rooney switched from no8 to no10 and said it gave him more confidence.. etc etc

In the grand scheme of things, the 'number' will still sell.

It's more romantic cliches people hold onto but I don't think lvg will change the numbering. Ie, 1-11 just so the midfielder will be number 6 or something like that.
    That's pointless, and you lose the romance of the number 7 jersey

Did the number 31 mean something specific to scweinsteiger as that might be his number if he gets to choose and an affinity with the number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Where's all this lewandowski talk coming from?

agent. i can 100% say that he is not going to sign for us anytime soon, the man is not leaving Germany.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Numbers won't be confirmed until after the tour I think.

Adidas will have their dirty paws all over that, dont worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did the number 31 mean something specific to scweinsteiger as that might be his number if he gets to choose and an affinity with the number.

I gambled and ordered 31 Schweinsteiger

Otmendi will join United
    DDG will move
    • i think De Gea will stay.
    • Gaitain & Ramos wont come to us.
    • Di maria will stay and Cavani will be a big target, but we will go all out for Harry Kane first. its impossible to predict what will happen here, but a big name striker is defo coming and i think its Kane, Cavani as #1 and #2 in the order preference.
    • Otamendi will join us soon.
    • Hernandez will leave, but also leave England and for a s*ite price..if we sold him to West Ham, we'd get £10m-£12m plus.
    • Evans leaving is 50/50 for me, is 4 center halves enough before we need to start depending on Mcnair and Blackett?? if i had to put money on it, i would say he is gone though

of course, de gea leaving could change everthing i.e - we may only sell due to us getting Ramos, then we dont need Otamendi etc

I gambled and ordered 31 Schweinsteiger

Don't come crying to us when you get an elbow to the face from the big man.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement