Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How does a goalkeeper with good distribution not fit in to LVG's philosophy?! He's a keeper FFS!! How far wrong can he be?

I'm guessing he's not happy as number 2 and expected de gea gone, but looks as if Madrid might wait till he's free next summer, hope in the meantime we can convince him to stay.

Roll out Rachel Riley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Which journalist was LVG saying invests transfer stories?? Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Ha ha ha.
    Van Gaal as he's leaving telling the press
    "You invent stories!"

Honestly lads. He's gold.

Not convinced about ADM and De Gea staying.
    "Everything is a process"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I think lvg hates the transfer gossip more than I do.

What a man. Some day, I'll be as condescending and patronising as him.

'This guy over here, is always writing rubbish'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Missed some of the press conference but it was great to see it all starting back.

Interesting about Valdez - it makes you think what he was expecting when he arrived. Based on his behaviour, am glad he's going to be sold.

As for Raf, I just don't think he fits what LVG wants in a RB. Defend first, attack second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pro. F wrote: »
    Stats lie if you don't investigate them properly. What were Dost's expected goals numbers like? Have you looked into his conversion rates? Are they sustainable or might he be on a hot streak? What were his stats like previous seasons? How would you compare the difficulty of scoring in the EPL to the Bundesliga? If you're not taking these questions into account then you are going to find stats quite misleading.

They also lie if you leave out the stats that show his poor goals per game ratioas the poster did. He did infairness have a very hot season in holand before he went to germany.

Lvg is such a boss.

Wow. The clickbait articles will be mad tomorrow, the knives will be out for lvg and utd now. It has been very pro utd recently, that will change now .

You invent stories. Jesus.

DeGea, Rafael, Valdes & DiMaria gone by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well, that press conference was a lot more interesting than I was expecting it to be! explosive stuff on Valdes, though I reckon we are going to hear a very different story in the press over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Romero to replace Valdes then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

From LFC thread:

The guy who broke the Origi transfer last year, including the year loan back to Lille, has says that if Benteke doesn't end up at Liverpool he'll never tweet again. Nailed on, apparently.

also intersting about Hernandez possibly staying - can't imagine we will go for a striker if he does stay.

Cona wrote: »
    From LFC thread:

The guy who broke the Origi transfer last year, including the year loan back to Lille, has says that if Benteke doesn't end up at Liverpool he'll never tweet again. Nailed on, apparently.

Lvg: you invent stories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Any links for press conference lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

irishfeen wrote: »
    DeGea, Rafael, Valdes & DiMaria gone by the sounds of it.

????? What makes you think Di Maria and Ddg gone from that? I think both are staying and that is where the "you invent stories " comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I wish MUTV would make the press conferences FTA

With Van Gaal I'm surprised they are not individual PPV events! :D

????? What makes you think Di Maria and Ddg gone from that? I think both are staying and that is where the "you invent stories " comes from.
    He kept saying it was a process for the player and United... You would imagine if they were definitely staying he would have said it... Ha he said enough at the thing.

When asked if ADM was staying he said he couldn't answer because it was a process. Hardly a deafening rebuttal of stories he is leaving.

Also said DDG staying depends on DDG - again, not saying he is staying.

Don't know how you can take what was said as any kind of proof or indication they are staying.

100%, the 2 long running 'sagas', he could only have been referencing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Need a link to that presser, sounded amazing. Don't wanna look back on this thread and spoil everything before I see it :P Only just got in now.

LVG: "Di Maria will join the tour but will he stay or go - we shall see"

Yeah Homer, nailed on to stay based on that quote...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

JamboMac wrote: »

Dost isn't good enough. His build up play isn't great and whenever I've seen him playing for Holland they end up just whipping balls into the box from anywhere because of his height.

He was linked to Newcastle this summer and that's about his level.

It's brilliant to see a ruthless streak back at United... If Valdes has done that under SAF he would be fùcked out too!

You can just sense that LVG knows exactly what he is doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

You're too short on detail there to be getting anything more than a rough impression of their true qualities. The squawka site is better (the best I've found), but even that is still short of what you need if you are going to be so confident on saying how good a striker is. Edit: the really informative stats aren't available for free as far as I can see.

irishfeen wrote: »
    It's brilliant to see a ruthless streak back at United... If Valdes has done that under SAF he would be fùcked out too!

You can just sense that LVG knows exactly what he is doing!

He is probably still a spoofer according to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The Valdes thing is strange. If he refused to play a reserve game why didn't they cancel his contract there and then? I doubt it would have been huge money. Seems a bit bizarre that they left him hanging on around the club for months afterwards.

So basically you ignored his cup goals stats from the source of your information.
    If you read it correctly you will see dost has 18 in 30 and benteke has 15 in 30 in the league he would be bought in to score in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

summary since LVG has joined..

CJ3HegcXAAEDPQP.jpg

Or another way

Valdes

Darmian Rojo Blind Shaw

Herrera Schneiderlin Schweini Di Maria

Depay Falcao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

HELLO HELLO HEY, PAY ATTENTION TO THE MANAGER

• Advertisement

The Valdes thing is strange. If he refused to play a reserve game why didn't they cancel his contract there and then? I doubt it would have been huge money. Seems a bit bizarre that they left him hanging on around the club for months afterwards.

He wanted to show off his talents and help him find a club.
    Essentially, he is useless to me, but someone might want him.

Described himself as a social manager, meaning, he isn't always a gowl

That presser was brilliant haha so much stuff in it its good to have him back.

The most important parts to tske from it is its a prosehs that lvg cant talk about and if you font follow our philosophy you can go fcukoff.

Why pay him another years wages to cut ties with him and let him go on a free. We might get 1-3m from a club for him.

Why pay him another years wages to cut ties with him and let him go on a free. We might get 1-3m from a club for him.

He is only on a short term contract

The internet is telling me it was Jamie Jackson who lvg was having a go at.

jayo26 wrote: »
    So basically you ignored his cup goals stats from the source of your information.
    If you read it correctly you will see dost has 18 in 30 and benteke has 15 in 30 in the league he would be bought in to score in.

No I just compared league with league and does it not worry that benteke is a fairly bad sub, he needs to start and that's not what we would be buying him for. Benteke will cost about £32 million and dost will cost between £15-20 million. As for which league is harder to score in the bundesliga premier I'd say their roughly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Here's a question out of left field, has anybody seen much of Ron Robert Zieler playing in the Bundesliga?

I know he's been Hanover's first choice goalkeeper for a few years now and he's on the fringes of the German national team squad. It occurred to me that his previous spell at Utd would see him counted as a home grown player if he was brought back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

To me it makes no sense why hed start him against hull in the last game of the season if this was the case.

To me it makes no sense why hed start him against hull in the last game of the season if this was the case.

To show him off. Like he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Coz DDG was injured?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It does look like ADM will leave. If he was planning on staying, he'd be staying by now.

To show him off. Like he said.

I didn't see the full press conference is that what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

As for which league is harder to score in the bundesliga premier I'd say their roughly the same.

Do you watch the Bundesliga? The defending is generally very poor compared to the EPL imo.

Coz DDG was injured?

Ye I know ddg was injured but surely if there was a player you didn't want at the club you would play one of the other keepers. It's not like the game meant anything for utd.

No I just compared league with league and does it not worry that benteke is a fairly bad sub, he needs to start and that's not what we would be buying him for. Benteke will cost about £32 million and dost will cost between £15-20 million. As for which league is harder to score in the bundesliga premier I'd say their roughly the same.

Why just compare league stats sure thats not been anyway comprehensive its removing games from his scoring ratio that he didnt score in if we want to remove games then remove 3 games where he scored half his goals for the season and his hit rate looks total dirt.

Again saying he is a bad sub is not saying anything either do you know what the story was in each game he was brought on in were villa already loosing or been turned over or maybe the stat shows that when benteke starts a game villa play better and he scores.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is only on a short term contract

Point stands. He signed an 18 month contract in January. We release him and we still have to pay the remainder of his contract.

I didn't see the full press conference is that what he said?

LvG: To help him show off his talents. I'm a very social manager...I wanted to help him

Point stands. He signed an 18 month contract in January. We release him and we still have to pay the remainder of his contract.

Yeh agreed but we aint paying 3 year contract and id nearly bet on it valdez contract was heavily favoured to apperances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ye I know ddg was injured but surely if there was a player you didn't want at the club you would play one of the other keepers. It's not like the game meant anything for utd.

Johnstone was out on loan and so was Amos I think.

EDIT: Lindegaard was the sub keeper. Suppose he could have played him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Make or break time for LvG now - you start throwing players under the bus like that and you damn sure better be successful in the short/medium team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement