Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Just great.

Di Maria at Utd last season:

-Great form - got injured - played terribly/inconsistently

Di Maria at Copa

-Great form - gets injured - now he comes back to Manchester in bad form

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Possibility of a new striker signing makes the summer even more interesting and more important. A number of new players in for key positions is needed should be great over a longer time but is nervy in the short term.

Really need likely starters like Rooney, Herrera, Mata, Smalling, Rojo and Carrick to have a good pre season now to give a chance of a strong start to the season. With a number of new players due to come in and needing a bit of time to settle the players already at the club will need to be starting well. Any Di Maria injury is a blow to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Di Maria wouldn't be part of pre season anyway seeing as he played in the Copa, likewise Rojo.

Di Maria wouldn't be part of pre season anyway seeing as he played in the Copa, likewise Rojo.

True, they wouldn't have a full pre season but they would still have had an opportunity to get ready for the new season and may not have needed as much game time due to the late end, Di Maria may not get a chance to prepare properly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

DM_7 wrote: »
    True, they wouldn't have a full pre season but they would still have had an opportunity to get ready for the new season and may not have needed as much game time due to the late end, Di Maria may not get a chance to prepare properly now.

We have no idea how bad the injury is ?

On a side note, pastore looks a tidy player.
    On another side note. The energy from Chile is unreal

We have no idea how bad the injury is ?

On a side note, pastore looks a tidy player.
    On another side note. The energy from Chile is unreal

Thats why I said may(?) In my second post.

I know my first post said any injury, i should have explained it better as in any injury that would delay his preparation is bad news. My general point was more to do with the number of new players likely to be bought in new positions increased the need for existing players to be well prepared rather than about Di Maria specifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rojo is a bit dodge today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rojo has been really poor at left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Di Marzio is reporting in Twitter that Utd have bid €12m with €3m on add ons for Darmian of Torino. A RB

He is reliable as it gets on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,475 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

So Ramos was playing the "I want a bumper contract renewal or I'm off to United" game after all.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

nullzero wrote: »
    So Ramos was playing the "I want a bumper contract renewal or I'm off to United" game after all.

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Care to elaborate....any source????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

post-1-0-51270200-1358283220.jpg

°°°°°

Care to elaborate....any source????

Ssn saying he was interviewed this evening in Spain and he denied any talk of a transfer saying he isn't in negotiations with anyone and when asked if he was staying at Madrid he said "all is very well".

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

post-1-0-51270200-1358283220.jpg

I know nothing

Glazers Out!

Ssn saying he was interviewed this evening in Spain and he denied any talk of a transfer saying he isn't in negotiations with anyone and when asked if he was staying at Madrid he said "all is very well".

That could mean anything...

°°°°°

dahat wrote: »
    That could mean anything...

What it doesn't mean is "I'm booked on a flight to Manchester this coming Monday for a medical".

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Of course he will say that? What idiot wouldn't when questioned on their desire to leave their current job?
    Madrid management will know the situation but why do they need to pander to paper tittle tattle?

°°°°°

Of course he will say that? What idiot wouldn't when questioned on their desire to leave their current job?
    Madrid management will know the situation but why do they need to pander to paper tittle tattle?

It just seems to be a situation which will come to a predictable conclusion;Spanish footballer linked to United ends up with bumper contract at present club and now feels valued and loved even though he was at apparent loggerheads with clubs officials for months beforehand. United are the go to club for these players, we're they flirting with Chelsea of city they'd be posing with a new strip by this stage.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I thought it was fairly obvious from the start Ramos would stay if he was given the 10 million or whatever he was after

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

What it doesn't mean is "I'm booked on a flight to Manchester this coming Monday for a medical".

It also doesn't mean "I'm playing Utd to get a better contract" as you seem to think. The likes of Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter are adamant it's nothing to do with money.

°°°°°

I thought it was fairly obvious from the start Ramos would stay if he was given the 10 million or whatever he was after

Precisely, I don't think it's overly cynical to think that way in these situations.

Glazers Out!

It just seems to be a situation which will come to a predictable conclusion;Spanish footballer linked to United ends up with bumper contract at present club and now feels valued and loved even though he was at apparent loggerheads with clubs officials for months beforehand.

And I'm sure that's how the media/drama squad will spin it.

He could have 2 contracts on the table? Madrid and utd, which would not surprise me.

°°°°°

It also doesn't mean "I'm playing Utd to get a better contract" as you seem to think. The likes of Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter are adamant it's nothing to do with money.

Both respectable journalists but I'd be surprised that a player in Ramos' position wouldn't be media savvy and have spin doctors of his own making his struggle with Madrid seem that more realistic

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Di Marzio is reporting in Twitter that Utd have bid €12m with €3m on add ons for Darmian of Torino. A RB

My boss is actually a Torino fan! He says the message to fans from the club is they won't sell him for a penny less then €20m straight up.

Their chairman is a Daniel Levy type but at the same time is obsessed with sellling player a for big profits.

• Advertisement

Precisely, I don't think it's overly cynical to think that way in these situations.

Course not. His life is in Madrid. Papers tend to forget they are people with lives outside of work.

°°°°°

And I'm sure that's how the media/drama squad will spin it.

He could have 2 contracts on the table? Madrid and utd, which would not surprise me.

Most likely scenario. We make mugs of ourselves salivating over the prospect of his arrival by tabling a bid and giving him terms just so he can use it as ammunition to get what's he really wanted all along, a pay rise. I hate us being linked with these people.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Henriquez just came on for Chile

While Darmian can play right back, he pretty much played the entire season at left back!

Sure we don't have enough of them do we?!? Seems to be first choice right back now for Italy though.can also play in back 3 and is Italy's best player last few games.seems like he is ours if we pay the €20m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

While Darmian can play right back, he pretty much played the entire season at left back!

Sure we don't have enough of them do we?!?

Pretty sure he plays RM/LM too. Weird one really.

On a side note, god, I wish we'd sign Vidal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ramos was attending a wedding. He was asked if he was in negotiations, he said he wasn't, he was asked if he would be playing with Madrid, he didn't answer.

Most likely scenario. We make mugs of ourselves salivating over the prospect of his arrival by tabling a bid and giving him terms just so he can use it as ammunition to get what's he really wanted all along, a pay rise. I hate us being linked with these people.

That's a pessimistic view of it.

Let's say for Arguements sake that a bid had been accepted and we offered him a contract.
    I don't think it's such a great shame he signs on with Madrid. He has a pretty nice life over there in the sun and he friends with the squad.

Always feel we, the fans, are always too hard on the club when that happens. Madrid can easily offer him te exact same contract.

Read earlier that Ramos was followed to a wedding he was attending for those comments so it was more ambush than scheduled interview.

As it goes I think he stays if Madrid pay him, but still wouldn't think todays comments mean anything that point to staying or anything else.

Sure we don't have enough of them do we?!? Seems to be first choice right back now for Italy though.can also play in back 3 and is Italy's best player last few games.seems like he is ours if we pay the €20m

Seems exactly the type LVG likes.
    Found this tweet then...
    https://twitter.com/Adz77/status/617447302500904960

I forgot about Angelo Henriquez, another trophy for him tonight.

Maybe United should keep him around, he seems to bring luck.

I forgot about Angelo Henriquez, another trophy for him tonight.

Maybe United should keep him around, he seems to bring luck.

It would have been nice to see him play on the tour, but he will be given holidays most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Darmian at right back would be an extremely exciting signing. I just presumed he would stay in Italy. Really hope that is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ronaldo answering questions on Benitiz and Ramos, you get the impression, he is thinking of United and how Benitiz wasn't able to compete with Fergie when he was at United, and with Ramos, he is thinking Ramos might end up at United...

https://twitter.com/Cr7Prince4ever/status/617501445542289408
    Full clip. Such a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

jayo26 wrote: »
    Cancel nani's sale straight away.

Hopefully its not fully gone but dont look good.

Why is Nani apparently our POTY? Just get rid of him ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

And the asking price is 20m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

J. Marston wrote: »

Who Ronaldo or the interviewer. That was literally like a quick fire interview, questions flying at him.

Today's media reports don't exactly inspire confidence that our summer is going well so far. Baseline is that none of our moves to sign our top targets have worked, LVG not impressed and we no closer to signing players than we were a month ago.

But thankfully those media know nothing!!

Today's media reports don't exactly inspire confidence that our summer is going well so far. Baseline is that none of our moves to sign our top targets have worked, LVG not impressed and we no closer to signing players than we were a month ago.

But thankfully those media know nothing!!

Which reports? lots of reports about on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Which reports? lots of reports about on a Sunday morning.

Duncan Castle in The Times is saying that Ramos wants to sign a new contract with Madrid and Schneiderlin prefers a move to Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

adox wrote: »
    Duncan Castle in The Times is saying that Ramos wants to sign a new contract with Madrid and Schneiderlin prefers a move to Arsenal.

Duncan Castle is pathetic WUM. He said Giggs was reserved about Van Gaal when Giggs compared Van Gaal with Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Duncan Castle is pathetic WUM. He said Giggs was reserved about Van Gaal when Giggs compared Van Gaal with Fergie.

Yeah I'm not putting any weight behind it. It's just all I could find in relation to answering the question about Homers post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I've only seen Darmian with Italy. Mostly World Cup so that's only three games, if I remember right he started at right back for all of those so he clearly must be good.

Anyone follow Italian football able to say how good he is? We need a right back so I would be all for it. Do people who have watched a lot of him reckon he'd be a big improvement to team?

Meanwhile L'Equipe say Schneiderlin confident of move, United is the most likely destination, though Arsenal are still interested.

Spanish papers have been saying Ramos wants to leave, Sid Lowe who interviewed Ramos in the past and he is based in Madrid has said Ramos want to leave.

Duncan Castle is taking a contrarian view.

I think Bayern really want Di Maria, given Robben and Ribery are so injury prone these days. Maybe we get Schweinsteiger.
    The thing is if we get two midfielders and are looking for someone up front who can play striker/right side of a front three, it is hard to see where Di Maria fits in. This is why I think he might be used as bait, just as De Gea is seemingly being used for Ramos.
    Wonder if it will be De Gea for Ramos, and Di Maria plus cash for Schweinsteiger and Muller?

The interesting thing in this is Adidas own 8.33% of Bayern Munich, yet have done a record breaking deal with United, wonder if they would get involved given Muller and Schweinsteiger at United would make make far more money for them, with Di Maria moving the other way would also sell shirts.
    Muller would be the top selling soccer shirt in the world...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Duncan Castle should be banned from being mentioned in this thread. As mentioned above he is just a WUM and everything he says in relation to the club is to piss off United fans. And he throws a lot of shít at the wall hoping some will stick so he looks right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Why is Nani apparently our POTY? Just get rid of him ffs.

I was been sarcastic mate relax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement