Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

bangkok wrote: »

Signing cavani guarantees you 20 goals, skilful strong I would love to see him come to old trafford

Im not going back to look but im sure i have read alot of statements like yours above last season when Falcao joined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

JamboMac wrote: »
    moved to Old Trafford from Atheltic Bilbao last summer, but according to Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb (h/t the Daily Star's Alex Harris), Atletico Madrid and Valencia are eyeing Herrera.

He had a successful maiden season in Manchester, proving an effective creative force while also netting six Premier League goals, per WhoScored.com.

Fresh Football's Oli Price-Bates suggests that, despite his strong opening season, United boss Louis van Gaal is not Herrera's biggest fan:

Also I know Napoli say Higuain is not for sale but I'd like him to come in, probably cost around €40+ million.

See this is what i dont get higuain as a similar goals to game ratio then benteke last season and probably the season before too, he is also playing in arguably a poorer league he is also two years older then benteke and is known to throw a strop but yet people would rather we sign him and take a chance on him settling in england then buy a striker that has already settled in the league.

ianob7 wrote: »
    Makes sense selling evans imo considering we have smalling,jones,rojo otamendi(probable) blind and Carrick can also cover if required and he's only got a year left

And you forgot the most important reason of all for selling him ....... evans has gone backwards in past few years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I'm almost certain I read the same about Falcao. That was great. What could possibly go wrong?

Falcao was coming back from a serious injury and was only a loan deal so was risk free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

jayo26 wrote: »
    See this is what i dont get higuain as a similar goals to game ratio then benteke last season and probably the season before too, he is also playing in arguably a poorer league he is also two years older then benteke and is known to throw a strop but yet people would rather we sign him and take a chance on him settling in england then buy a striker that has already settled in the league.

I think its just Higuain is a bigger name around the world so he must be better than Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Falcao was coming back from a serious injury and was only a loan deal so was risk free.

You may say risk free, but how much wages was he on.

Also take into account that he may have reduced game time for players that we actually owned.

I think its just Higuain is a bigger name around the world so he must be better than Benteke

Ah right i was wondering because it didnt make sense to me.

I'm sure Cavani is good but the Falcao and ADM debacle has put me off marquee signings.

So you disappointed with us signing bastian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

So you disappointed with us signing bastian?

Not disappointed but he is in the same category. Big name to prove Utd have pulling power. I don't think Fergie would have bought him.

Plus, Bastian isn't a journey man that is always linked to big clubs in every transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Not disappointed but he is in the same category. Big name to prove Utd have pulling power. I don't think Fergie would have bought him.

Haha based on what? We have no idea who Fergie would buy but if he was available I think Fergie would have jumped on it. He signed Michael Owen from Newcastle FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A leader for the midfield, a proven winner? Fergie would have been all over Schweinsteiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

irishfeen wrote: »
    That time of the year again - first 7 games confirmed for TV (August/September) - Sky, BT and Setanta. First ever Friday night game in the PL era will be strange!

2ewlhu0.jpg

Can we get this put on the first post like last season please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Kleberson, djemba-djemba, Liam Miller. Maybe fergie wouldn't have signed schweinsteiger :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

kona wrote: »
    Kleberson, djemba-djemba, Liam Miller. Maybe fergie wouldn't have signed schweinsteiger :p

At 30 and not in the Bayern side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

At 30 and not in the Bayern side?

Being honest he'd probably have bought some 18 year old from Blackburn and tell everybody he's the next Bobby Charlton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That time of the year again - first 7 games confirmed for TV (August/September) - Sky, BT and Setanta. First ever Friday night game in the PL era will be strange!
    Not the first ever Friday night game in the EPL.
    United played Chelsea on a Friday night .

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

It's the Liverpool echo who reported it ya? Is that what people are jumping on?

It's weird how the second a rumour involving another club apart from utd is reported it's true.

James Pearce and the Echo are by far the most reliable sources when it comes to all things Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

jayo26 wrote:
    And you forgot the most important reason of all for selling him ....... evans has gone backwards in past few years

Ya can't believe I forgot that bit !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

yabadabado wrote: »

United played Sunderland on a Friday night as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Wasn't that around Christmas/New Year? .. I meant first Friday night game on a normal PL gameweek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First match of the season only 3 weeks away. :D

When's the CL qualifier supposed to be played?

Wasn't that around Christmas/New Year? .. I meant first Friday night game on a normal PL gameweek.

No.It was a normal Friday night in August.Nothing to do with xmas/new year.

No.It was a normal Friday night in August.Nothing to do with xmas/new year.
    Well then if your right I stand corrected! what year was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First match of the season only 3 weeks away. :D

When's the CL qualifier supposed to be played?

United's Champions League qualifier will be played on the 18th/19th August, with the 2nd leg on either the 25th/26th August. It's all here on Uefa's website.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/competitionformat/

Well then if your right I stand corrected! what year was that?
    2002.Moved because of Notting Hill Carnival .

• Advertisement

will be interesting to see if we get some more deals done soon - a striker to replace Falcao/RVP and a defender for the first team. With the copa america lads joining up on the 25th I reckon we could see Otamendi confirmed around then. Hoepfully we are still after a striker because I don't trust Chico to prove good enough.

With Benteke clearly not a target, I wonder who is.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    United's Champions League qualifier will be played on the 18th/19th August, with the 2nd leg on either the 25th/26th August.
    Also on Setanta/BT... still not known whether RTÉ/TV3 will show it FTA.

2002.Moved because of Notting Hill Carnival .
    .... So it was moved because of an event ;) .... as I said first normal Gameweek where the PL have intentionally scheduled it for TV AFAIK.

Also on Setanta/BT... still not known whether RTÉ/TV3 will show it FTA.

I guess we'll know if RTÉ/TV3 will show it free to air a few weeks before hand.

God damn Sky Sports not holding on to the Champions League.

.... So it was moved because of an event ;) .... as I said first normal Gameweek where the PL have intentionally scheduled it for TV AFAIK.
    Nope ,wrong again :o
    Villa game is moved for an event.No different than the game in 2002,policing reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There used to be games on Good Friday as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭adaminho

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11716072/Man-Utd-forced-to-play-on-Friday-night-due-to-EDL-march.html :D

I guess we'll know if RTÉ/TV3 will show it free to air a few weeks before hand.

God damn Sky Sports not holding on to the Champions League.
    Makes shelling out for BT/Setanta easier to take... must say they have built a very good package.... tbh without the PL games sky sports would be a waste of money.

The TV deal for Friday night games doesn't start until 2016/17 season.

this one was moved for an event too - an EDL march on the saturday and our CL game ment Saturday and Sunday were out.

First proper Friday night games (as a TV package) is the following season.

Makes shelling out for BT/Setanta easier to take... must say they have built a very good package.... tbh without the PL games sky sports would be a waste of money.

Guess i'll be watching the Champions League on RTÉ/TV3 then, if they get to air them, or i could just follow the games online.... Don't like BT analysis team or commentary, gah the thought of listening to Michael Owen/Robbie Savage for 90 minutes...... Would gladly take RTÉ's coverage anyday.

Right fúck off lads i'm after changing the the original post ... I thought the Friday night games kicked in this season.

For the first time ever on boards i'm wrong about something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Right fúck off lads i'm after changing the the original post ... I thought the Friday night games kicked in this season.

tumblr_inline_nq0eazXbAp1qdrjot_500.gif

first time wrong on boards and then wrong with 3 things in a row. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Guess i'll be watching the Champions League on RTÉ/TV3 then, if they get to air them, or i could just follow the games online.... Don't like BT analysis team or commentary, gah the thought of listening to Michael Owen/Robbie Savage for 90 minutes...... Would gladly take RTÉ's coverage anyday.

BT have to show some of the champions league coverage fta this season though that may be later in season? Fingers crossed for you that the qualifiers are.
    Also hoping that bt don't increase prices due to adding the European footy channel as have been with them 12 months and find it reasonable compared to sky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So Valdes is off to Valencia by the looks of it.

Juventus have started talking to Bayern about Gotze and rumors abound Pogba will sign for Barca after the presidentals this week.

I still think we need to go bigger, get Veratti, bid for Gotze, lets go after the best like the top clubs. Gotze would fancy UTD more than Juve I reckon.

irishchris wrote: »
    BT gave to show some of the champions league coverage fta this season though that may be later in season?
    Don't think its actually been revealed whether it will be FTV or FTA ... have BT confirmed this I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Juventus have started talking to Bayern about Gotze and rumors abound Pogba will sign for Barca after the presidentals this week.

I still think we need to go bigger, get Veratti, bid for Gotze, lets go after the best like the top clubs. Gotze would fancy UTD more than Juve I reckon.

Do we really need another midfielder though? We are overstocked there and don't have the quality in numbers in defence or upfront yet

Would be surprised if we went for Veratti after signing two Schmidfielders already. Also think Gotze would be too similar to Mata to buy, would prefer a more natural winger if we are signing someone, as I reckon we will need a repalcement for ADM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

irishchris wrote:
    Do we really need another midfielder though? We are overstocked there and don't have the quality in numbers in defence or upfront yet

Exactly. We should not, nor will we, sign another midfielder this summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just because you've never had a hard on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Would be surprised if we went for Veratti after signing two Schmidfielders already. Also think Gotze would be too similar to Mata to buy, would prefer a more natural winger if we are signing someone, as I reckon we will need a repalcement for ADM.

Thats my point though. Do Bayern really need Vidal, do Barca really need Pogba?

Veratti could be snapped up by one of the elitle this window, they don't seem to mind. Sometimes buying so your oppents can't get a player is a strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That you as me when we signed the SAS ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement