Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What way would you string this wires together?

• 02-07-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

There for connecting a cpu connector to wires from a psu.

The cpu connector was cut from the cpu in the past to be used for something else.

Thanks.

Comments

How many wires? Usually Molex I believe.
    They seem a little light duty for a high power ATX to me though.

LL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

It's a 450w psu but the cpu connector comes from a 1500w.

There's 8 wires to connect....should I just use two molex connectors? What about one of those terminal blocks?

I could just use the 1500w psu in this case but I want to sell it at some stage and definitely don't need it for this computer anyway.

It's not the watts you need to worry about so much as the amps. Assuming the pin loading is equally distributed and the ATX is actually running at full load that's 10A per line. Just looks a bit weedy to me.

mkTKa.jpg

Cables should be at least 1.5mm² for that or 2.5mm² if you go much higher.
    I'd use this or this.

I'm sure they're overkill though because the PSU may not be fully loaded. If in doubt measure it at full load.

Easiest thing to do is use connectors that fit in the sockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Sorry it's actually the CPU specific power connector I'm trying to string back to the power supply, not the ATX motherboard power.

The wires for the ATX connector are much bigger than the one in my original post.

Any photos?

• Advertisement
Advertisement