Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Company

• 02-07-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Bit of a weird one for you. I have engaged the services of a SEO company via Guru.com

They have been working for 2 months now, from the start I had noticed a couple of mistakes with the reports they were sending me. Some (very few) spelt incorrectly, SEO location lsites as USA rather than Ireland. Etc.

I have reviewed the links that they built and they all seem pretty spammy. They built some online videos for vimeo and YouTube after checking they had 0 views. The posted some blog articles on WordPress and other blog hosting sites.
    The content was actually ok.

However my suspicion was aroused last month, when they suggested changing meta titles to pevious titles albeit a word or two different.

I had a look at their website and there is no team page, or individuals named. I searched for my account manager online to see of linkedin LinkedIn or similar the only presence was on the company website. They do have some progue pics on their website, but no names. I did a Google image search and the only result was an Irish guy who is nothing to do with SEO. He works for a travel company.

I also had a look at the Facebook page, 4,500 likes, but a total of 5 lime in total since 2013.

So I suppose my question is (I think I know the answer), do you think these guys are a bunch of cowboys or just have a really bad website and social media sites. They have really really good reviews on guru, but don't want to to pay for a service claiming to be something they are not, especially as it's costing $350 a month.

Interested in your feedback. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks

Kanky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

sounds well dodgy to me!

I would hedge a bet that the fb is all fake likes too. Look at the engagement of any of their recent posts. One would expect alot of likes etc for a page with 4.5 followers. If its really low then they are fake.

Im an SEO based in Galway. PM me if you wish and il look at your website as well.

Advertisement