Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cruciate ligament injury

• 02-07-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi there, I was just looking for some advice from anyone who has had experience with their dog having had a cruciate ligament problem please. This is very long winded sorry and I'm having a huge rant but don't know what to do....Our terrier, (who's 10 ) over past yr slowly his movement has changed drastically. Arthritis has def set in and about 2 months ago I took him to vet as his back leg was giving him more trouble it seemed. Vet said it was more likely cruciate ligament and gave us some strong pain killers for a week .. told us to rest him..but still let him have a short walk ect !!! I took vet for his word as hes the professional...so we slowed down his exercise majorly but 2 weeks later he wasnt too much better tbh so phoned vet wondering if we should come in... I thought he might need an xray or something but they just sent us in to collect more pain relief for him which I have given him when I thought he needed it. This week he is suffering tbh. I rang vets again today asking could I bring him in tomorrow and I was told that cause its a CL injury I need to have him on total bed rest (no walking for a pee even), give him his pain relief every day for a week and ring them nxt week. Im sorry but WTF. Why didn't they tell me no walking whatsoever the 1st time, and why cant I bring him in. I'm worried about him, he's hobbling Hes happy enough but must be in some pain. Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable. As hard as we could try I dont think we could keep him caged lying for a whole week. After the night as is he struggles to get out of bed in morning and sometimes falls forward cause he cant stand. Is a week of lying down and not getting up at all going to help or will I do what my gut is saying and take him to another vet? Don't know what to do... TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Take him to another vet.

If only to rest your own mind.

Advertisement