Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

croke park wifi

• 02-07-2015 11:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭

Just a quick question. What's the WiFi like in croke park. I might be there this w/e.

Don't know yet if I'll actually be going in, and possibly will just be floating around the bar and outside the stadium waiting.

Is their free WiFi easy to sign into or do they make you have passwords and jump through various hoops.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Just a quick question. What's the WiFi like in croke park. I might be there this w/e.

Don't know yet if I'll actually be going in, and possibly will just be floating around the bar and outside the stadium waiting.

Is their free WiFi easy to sign into or do they make you have passwords and jump through various hoops.

Thanks.

Short answer... no.

WiFi is available or the staff but not for supporters or lay people AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Short answer... no.

WiFi is available or the staff but not for supporters or lay people AFAIK.

There is actually public WiFi in Croke Park.
    I got it near the back of the lower Davin last year.
    There were two different open WiFi networks, but one was working better than the other.
    But its very patchy and unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

There were two different open WiFi networks, but one was working better than the other.
    the public wifi in croke park is meant for use at conferences and works perfectly for when theres many 100s of people there.
    For matches it might be overloaded when theres 1000s looking to use it, but its not there to provide matchgoers with wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Fidelma Healy Eames has the code for the Wiffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Well I stand corrected. I was in the Hogan for the Christy Ring Cup final when there was barely 200 people there and there was no public networks available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

the public wifi in croke park is meant for use at conferences and works perfectly for when theres many 100s of people there.
    For matches it might be overloaded when theres 1000s looking to use it, but its not there to provide matchgoers with wifi.

Yes, if I recall one SSID may have been "Conference" or something like that, and I was not far from the non public area of the building at the time.

In general WIFI in stadiums is a disaster anyway, it was never developed for such deployments.

Advertisement