Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

considering buying a caravan to rent out

Options
  • 03-07-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there
    I am considering buying a caravan and parking it in a campsite in Donabate with a view to renting it out for profit.

My question is whether after i pay the 70per week for services I will get a reasonable amount to make it worth while.

How much would a 6 berth in good nick be worth monthly approx and how likely is it I can get long stay tenants do you think?

Any ideas if this sounds like a good plan or not?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

you've posted in the wrong section really. Do you mean a purpose built "Mobile Home" rather than a caravan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Graham Greene

I was sent the link by admin, I will repost else where thanks

as there is no caravan section as such - as far as I can see? - I think it may be ok in this section as many people with mobile homes might know about the situation with caravans as they may share the same parks frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

as there is no caravan section as such - as far as I can see? - I think it may be ok in this section as many people with mobile homes might know about the situation with caravans as they may share the same parks frequently

I know in some parks for mobile homes, it is part of the contract that the mobile home be for your own personal use and you cannot sub let it. You would need to discuss this with owners of whatever park you are intending on having the caravan in.

thanks, that's useful info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Airbnb might be an option. https://www.airbnb.ie/s/Ireland?property_type_id%5B%5D=32&ss_id=sgcimc1a
    Hi there
    I am considering buying a caravan and parking it in a campsite in Donabate with a view to renting it out for profit.

My question is whether after i pay the 70per week for services I will get a reasonable amount to make it worth while.

How much would a 6 berth in good nick be worth monthly approx and how likely is it I can get long stay tenants do you think?

Any ideas if this sounds like a good plan or not?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

You must really consider the seasonality aspect of your proposal. Who rents from mid september to may? Few and far I would imagine. If you say you have 4 months rental you need at least 250 a week to cover the rent alone. Never mind extras such as depreciation or interest on loan for caravan etc

I really think for mobile caravan purchase it should be a prime interest of yours and aby rental income is an added bonus.

yes, I'm starting to think that's about right - unless I can find somewhere to park it for free when it is not in use I won't do it I think.

Advertisement