Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS & Hardwareversand? who has experience?

Options
  • 03-07-2015 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Since it was about 7 or 8 years since I built my last PC, had a bit of money from working a lot so I decided to splash out.
    See the specs -> here (I already have a 650w corsair PSU and HDDs if you're wondering where they are)

I was originally going to order with Dabs, but when I paid for my order the order updated and suddenly 5 out of 7 of the items were udner the status of "awaiting for supplier", so I asked them how that was possible as I purposefully ordered items that were in stock. I of course got no reply, so I cancelled the order and got refunded (Thank you PayPal!), 5 minutes later I ordered with HWVS, ended up getting better parts and for cheaper too!

So that was on Wednesday, everything was going fine, got 2 UPS tracking codes and I was excited like a child waiting for Christmas.

One of them was regularly updated and the other is still stuck on "label created", whatever that means.

This morning, I woke up to this email, concerning the one that is always updated. The other is still on "label created".

Should I be concerned? :o or maybe wait it out a day or two before panicking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Their website isn't great, it bugs and says order cancelled on loads of order until they ship.

I'd give it the weekend and see Monday. Normally takes a week for stuff to land anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I emailed UPS, apparently the one that was delayed in-transit was due to an "emergency beyond their control", and the other package has not entered the procession yet and are asking me to contact the shipper. Even though HWVS have marked them both as with UPS.

Brilliant. :pac:

I'm probably being really impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

HWVS will have a loading dock where UPS collect from them, once the box is labelled and ready to go HWVS will mark it with UPS, but UPS wont know about it until they actually do the pickup and entry scan.

Expect 5-7 working days for delivery. Plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I ordered from them about 2-3 months ago and everything went great. Took about 8 days.

Shougeki wrote: »
    I ordered from them about 2-3 months ago and everything went great. Took about 8 days.

8 working days? or 8 days? still nothing today, but I'm going to wait until wednesday before I panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

8 days. But I screwed it up, sending it to my home address, rather than work, which added an extra day, as the courier was a d*ck. :P [I had rang them before it arrived, informing them of change of address, and that no one would be home].

Shougeki wrote: »
    8 days. But I screwed it up, sending it to my home address, rather than work, which added an extra day, as the courier was a d*ck. :P [I had rang them before it arrived, informing them of change of address, and that no one would be home].

I'm in Kerry Thursday & Friday.....whoops, so fingers crossed they come Wednesday or I'll have to ask them if I can just pick it up Monday from somewhere.

i also thought of using my work address, but I get the bus so I'd look like a right twat with all that on the bus.

Okay well the UPS updates including the new one this morning:

unless there is some massive snowstorm in Germany I'm unaware of or UPS are just making up excuses at this stage.
    08/07/2015 11:00 An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Herne-Boernig, Germany
    06/07/2015 18:59 Departure Scan

06/07/2015 12:00 An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
    03/07/2015 12:00 An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
    03/07/2015 3:00 An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.

Herne-Boernig, Germany

01/07/2015 21:29 Origin Scan
    Germany 01/07/2015 10:13 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

the_syco wrote: »
    Seems it's the lads trying to get onto the trucks going to England that has put them on hold.

From here

Advertisement