Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The SNES CD is unearthed... Finally!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We sure this isnt really from Fakey McFakerson, from Fakersville, in the state of Fake-a-fornia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We sure this isnt really from Fakey McFakerson, from Fakersville, in the state of Fake-a-fornia?

Nope. Tis the real deal! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Pics look fairly convincing - and intriguing!

Following that thread now to see him power it up.
    Hope he doesn't fry it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd love to see pics of the innards, don't think I could resist opening it if it were mine :o Though I'd call it less so a Snes CD, & more a Play Station prototype

/pedantry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hasn't there been pictures of 1 or 2 come out before?

The 'story' is interesting though. He said his dad got it from a guy at the company called 'Olaf', it may reference Ólafur Jóhann Ólafsson, original co-founder of Sony Interactive Entertainment. That would make it an unreal find.

Whether the story is true is one thing, but cool to see these things pop up now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd love to see pics of the innards, don't think I could resist opening it if it were mine :o Though I'd call it less so a Snes CD, & more a Play Station prototype

/pedantry

It's a sonytendo SNESstation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Whoops, i reposted this in General chat, didnt know there was a thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I wonder if he'll put it up for sale. I'd love to have that in my collection, but I'd say it's gonna go for mental money if sold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I wonder if he'll put it up for sale. I'd love to have that in my collection, but I'd say it's gonna go for mental money if sold.

You could sit it beside your M2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You could sit it beside your M2!

M2's ;)
    I added to that collection earlier this year(good few M2's have popped up on eBay in the last 12 months).

But I reckon this will go for proper money. Not a chance I'll own it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Id agree with that, id say this will go for big bucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is it just a mock-up or does it have proper working innards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I would assume that if it's a prototype it would play snes games if you got the right power supply. And the rgb scart port looks the same as a snes so should be easy to test that part. But the cd part is all but useless since I imagine no test games ect will ever be found for it. Its an interesting part of gaming history though and if it does end up for sale I'd imagine the price to be crazy. It's personal opinion but I hate how yellow it is especially since both my snes consoles are pretty white one is pristine even if money was no object if I bought it that would really annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

One of the Pluto protos went for 10k+ I think. If legit this is a far more important discovery. Especially if it is the sole surviving unit.

Some pics seem to confirm the authenticity of this particular build.

MMg5Vg2.jpg

178912.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Rip the guts out and stick in a Raspberry Pi, that'll show'em..

Nice find :) But wonder how many more of them just got chucked in the bin years ago..

Advertisement