Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Rollout in my area

Options
  • 03-07-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

This is regarding eFibre in the area of Foxford, Co.Mayo. The scheduled release month on the Eircom site for this area was May '15. The rollout map on the site has not been updated for some time now.
    I would just like to know when eFibre is planned to go live in this area, or even an estimated time.

Cabinet: 
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]FXD1_001[/font]
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,[/font][/font]
    Scob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello,

This is regarding eFibre in the area of Foxford, Co.Mayo. The scheduled release month on the Eircom site for this area was May '15. The rollout map on the site has not been updated for some time now.
    I would just like to know when eFibre is planned to go live in this area, or even an estimated time.

Cabinet: 
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]FXD1_001[/font]
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,[/font][/font]
    Scob
    Thanks for posting scobyleeNlucy

If you follow this link http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - and click and NGA fibre broadband network you will see that the map advises "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location" however the physical cabinet is already there but more works are required to it. At present there is no agreed launch date although the networks team have advised me that we should have news on this within the next three months.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scobyleeNlucy

Thanks for the quick reply Al,

I have checked eircomwholesale.ie a number of times over the past couple of months just to find any update on the status of when eFibre will be live in this area, but its never changed from 'Summer 2015'.
    If the network team say there will be no update till September, is that another "estimated" time like the eFibre rollout map on the Eircom site? Or is it a definite time that the cabinet will go live?

Any more information or a way to track the progress on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Scob

Thanks for the quick reply Al,

I have checked eircomwholesale.ie a number of times over the past couple of months just to find any update on the status of when eFibre will be live in this area, but its never changed from 'Summer 2015'.
    If the network team say there will be no update till September, is that another "estimated" time like the eFibre rollout map on the Eircom site? Or is it a definite time that the cabinet will go live?

Any more information or a way to track the progress on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Scob
    HI scobyleeNlucy

I do understand your disappointment with this - Vague indications can certainly be frustrating but unfortunately there's yet to be an agreed launch date for the cabinet your line is connected to - even at Networks level. Further to that I have been advised that we should have news on this within the next three months and yes that is also an estimation, but a confident one in fairness.

There's no other way to track the progress with this and to be honest I have offer you the most accurate advice with this available - you could keep an eye on the wholesale map - more specifically the cabinet but that's the best I advice I can offer right now.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Sorry to jump in on your thread but just wondering about CLN1_006 in Callan, Co. Kilkenny.
    2 exchanges in the town are up and running and a third due this month. No date listed for the one near to my own home though!
    Just wondering if there are dates available for when work will begin? This time last year I was given a tentative date of October 2014.

Callanutd wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in on your thread but just wondering about CLN1_006 in Callan, Co. Kilkenny.
    2 exchanges in the town are up and running and a third due this month. No date listed for the one near to my own home though!
    Just wondering if there are dates available for when work will begin? This time last year I was given a tentative date of October 2014.
    Hi Callanutd

Unfortunately CLN1_006 requires further technical & Network developments before it can be activated for eFibre. Our Networks team who have confirmed that  there is no agreed launch date and the best indication of a time frame fro launch is within the next 4 to 6 months.

It would not be sincere to offer you a tentative date at this stage but hopes are that it should launch in 2015.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hi there,

Would love an update on my local exchange also.

It's AFD1_003 in Ashford Co. Wicklow...... please tell me it's due to be done soon!!!

Regards.

sideswipe wrote: »
    Hi there,

Would love an update on my local exchange also.

It's AFD1_003 in Ashford Co. Wicklow...... please tell me it's due to be done soon!!!

Regards.
    Hi

I wish I could tell you it's going to be done soon but that's unfortunately not the case - this cabinet has no agreed launch date and the best indication we can currently offer is an estimated 4 to 6 months.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hi,

Would be great to get an update of works in my area without starting a new thread. Expected live date was June '15.
    Cabinets are BHR1_004, BHR1_002 and BHR1_E01
    Many thanks.

Glebee wrote: »
    Hi,

Would be great to get an update of works in my area without starting a new thread. Expected live date was June '15.
    Many thanks.
    Hi Glebee

I can't begin a search on codes - please confirm what town & county this is in and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hi,

Many thanks.
    Hi Glebee

I can't begin a search on codes - please confirm what town & county this is in and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers

Al
    Sorry Al,

Banagher, Co Offaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Alan & Co,
    would you mind doing me a favour and check for any update for Kinvara, Co. Galway.  A few months ago it went from Mid-Late 2015 to Early - mid 2016, which was obviously a bit of a kicker.
    Contention on this exchange is now so bad (<1 meg from 7pm to 1am)  that I'm actually genuinely thinking of going back to Satellite BB...
    Go on, make may week and give me some good new about the upgrade date :-)
    thanks

Hi,

Many thanks.
    Hi Glebee

Cheers

Al
    Sorry Al,

Banagher, Co Offaly
    Thanks Glebee

An specific launch date has not been agreed yet however works are very close to completion and the networks team suspect it could be even mid august - although that's just an indication I wouldn't think launch would be too far past this time-frame to be honest.

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan & Co,
    would you mind doing me a favour and check for any update for Kinvara, Co. Galway.  A few months ago it went from Mid-Late 2015 to Early - mid 2016, which was obviously a bit of a kicker.
    Contention on this exchange is now so bad (<1 meg from 7pm to 1am)  that I'm actually genuinely thinking of going back to Satellite BB...
    thanks
    Sorry to hear of this irishgrover

Leave this with me - It might prove difficult but I'll promise to do my best to get you some good news :)

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Hi Alan,

I'd also like to jump in on this...

Cabinet marked as live outside Charleville (RLC1_003). I live 300m from the cabinet but have been told I am not connected to it. You said you would get back to me about this last month.

Original Thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057265839/2

nathan184 wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

I'd also like to jump in on this...

Cabinet marked as live outside Charleville (RLC1_003). I live 300m from the cabinet but have been told I am not connected to it. You said you would get back to me about this last month.

Original Thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057265839/2
    Apologies nathan184

Unfortunately I cannot see what cabinet your line is attached to as I do not have access to such information of lines not currently in service with eircom.

You will need to contact your own service provider for advice on Fibre availability

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan & Co,
    thanks

Leave this with me - It might prove difficult but I'll promise to do my best to get you some good news :)

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    first off thanks for looking into this for me, would you be able to come back with an update? It's become really critical as I have an opportunity to do some distance lecturing later in the year but it's video web based. So I need to figure out the costings of renting an office in Galway with proper BB connection in lieu of my ~0.5 to 1.5 evening connection at home (which is, according to my bill  "up to" 24meg)

Hi Alan & Co,
    thanks

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    first off thanks for looking into this for me, would you be able to come back with an update? It's become really critical as I have an opportunity to do some distance lecturing later in the year but it's video web based. So I need to figure out the costings of renting an office in Galway with proper BB connection in lieu of my ~0.5 to 1.5 evening connection at home (which is, according to my bill  "up to" 24meg)
    I'm sorry irishgrover

I would love to be able to offer you better news especially in light of your opportunity to do distance lecturing however that's just not possible right now as the launch date is now expected to be between January and March '16.

I'm very sorry irisggrover

Al

Hi Alan & Co,
    thanks

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    I'm sorry irishgrover

I would love to be able to offer you better news especially in light of your opportunity to do distance lecturing however that's just not possible right now as the launch date is now expected to be between January and March '16.

I'm very sorry irisggrover

Al
    no worries Alan, it would be unkind of me to hold you personally responsible for the failings of your company and the negative impact it is having on the whole country, and me personally :-)
    On a more serious note though, have you any insight into the probability that you will actual meet your revised targets. If you look at your roll out plan on your map (http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/) , you appear to have as many if not more exchanges targeted for goal live in Q1 of 2015 (orange in colour) as you have put live to in total to date (Green in colour)..... it seems a tad optimistic to enable as many exchanges in a 12 week period as you have put live in the previous 168 weeks (Since Feb 2012)

I do appreciate your understanding irishgrover

I would not be able to offer you the probability (or the details involved in the required infrastructural works) to suggest if the completion of works will fall within the advised timeframes I'm afraid. I understand your views on this though.

I'm sorry I can;t offer better news

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scobyleeNlucy

Hi Al & Co

Just looking for an update on this cab for being fibre enabled, FXD1_001. Any estimated date as to when it might go live?

Also the local exchange is live on the fibre rollout map FXD1_EO1, is there any way to find out when G.Vectoring will be enabled to this exchange? Making fibre available to people outside the 1.5km range. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

any idea how long it will take for  the work at CLY1_003 to be completed and go live?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    any idea how long it will take for  the work at CLY1_003 to be completed and go live?
    ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hi Alan,

Could you give me any update on cabinet CLA1_001 in Clarina, Co Limerick

The main Clarina cabinet in currently in build and going live in Autumn according to the map.

Thanks

Hi Al & Co

Just looking for an update on this cab for being fibre enabled, FXD1_001. Any estimated date as to when it might go live?

Also the local exchange is live on the fibre rollout map FXD1_EO1, is there any way to find out when G.Vectoring will be enabled to this exchange? Making fibre available to people outside the 1.5km range. 
    Hi scobyleeNlucy

Sincere apologies for the delays - I've been off for a few weeks. Yes, I've looked in to this and at present there's no specific date but there is a targeted timeframe and hopes are that it should be launched by mid 2016, while that's an approximation at best feelings are that it's unlikely to reach beyond that.

The max distance FTTC (cabinet bases fibre) reaches is 2Km and there are no plans to expand this beyond the rollout of FTTH (where cabinets are no required) which unfortunately is not planned for this area.

Hope that helps and again apologies for the delays in responding.

Thanks
    Al

any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

any idea?
    Hi shanec1928

Sorry I seem to have missed your previous post - I will look in to this and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks
    Al

ADW1_E01 any ideas on time scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ADW1_E01 any ideas on time scale?
    Hi  shanec1928,

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/&#160;
    I'm afraid this is the most up to date information we have on the efibre rollout at the minute.

-Pamela 

Advertisement