Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Finance loan

Options
  • 03-07-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I am in the process of applying for the post grad student loan. If I decide to go with 60 month period (5 yrs max) and then defer the payments for a year, will the interest rate or amount I have to pay back per month be the same amount as it would if I had decided to take the loan out for a 4 year period and began repayments straight away?

Also if I decide that I want to pay off the loan in full at any period during the 5 years, would I have to pay a fee to do so?

Any information or assistance is greatly appreciated thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

brando91 wrote: »
    Hi

I am in the process of applying for the post grad student loan. If I decide to go with 60 month period (5 yrs max) and then defer the payments for a year, will the interest rate or amount I have to pay back per month be the same amount as it would if I had decided to take the loan out for a 4 year period and began repayments straight away?

Also if I decide that I want to pay off the loan in full at any period during the 5 years, would I have to pay a fee to do so?

Any information or assistance is greatly appreciated thanks 
    Hi brando91,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie.

As each loan is provided on a case by case basis, it would best to speak with one of our dedicated lending advisors in your local branch. They will be happy discuss the various options and fees associated.

You can book an appointment with your local branch here

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

Hi there,
    Just came across this thread as I now am currently hoping to apply for the postgraduate student loan with BOI in the next few days. Just want to know how you got on with it? Was it easy to get out? Online it sounds very straightforward and when I spoke to an advisor in my bank branch he said it was a very straightforward process to get it
    Did u need guaranteers? And we're you working? I currently am but Won't be in the next few weeks (hence why I am trying to apply now)
    Sorry if I sound nosy, just curious as I'm trying to have a look with different options and this one seems to be the best one for me. Fingers crossed I can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi there,
    Just came across this thread as I now am currently hoping to apply for the postgraduate student loan with BOI in the next few days. Just want to know how you got on with it? Was it easy to get out? Online it sounds very straightforward and when I spoke to an advisor in my bank branch he said it was a very straightforward process to get it
    Did u need guaranteers? And we're you working?  I currently am but Won't be in the next few weeks (hence why I am trying to apply now)
    Sorry if I sound nosy, just curious as I'm trying to have a look with different options and this one seems to be the best one for me. Fingers crossed I can get it.
    Hi,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

See here for information on our Postgraduate Finance Loan.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement