Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers have been sent out (july 3rd 4pm) ...(also, query re: offered 2nd choice)

Options
  • 03-07-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

so, I just received a CAO offer at 4pm on the dot....

But it's for my second choice ... so, it's safe to assume I won't be receiving an offer for my first choice - yes ? I got an automated email from the Uni of my first choice saying to expect any offers for that course to be made on July 4th.

but if I received this offer, for my second choice, that's not going to happen - yes ?

btw, good luck to everyone else!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

Ring the mature students office of the university.
    It's super imortant that you don't f*** this bit up.

I'm in a similar position, have been offered my 3rd choice, have to decide by the 9th, but my first choice has been offered subject to a maths entry exam in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Same Horse as far as I know if there are applicants who choose not to take up an offer on your first choice course the college will go back to the next qualified applicant on the list and offer them that place. So you might still be offered your first choice depending on how far up the list you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Same Horse as far as I know if there are applicants who choose not to take up an offer on your first choice course the college will go back to the next qualified applicant on the list and offer them that place. So you might still be offered your first choice depending on how far up the list you are.

thanks paperclip, I was assuming this would be the case... bit of a long shot but you never know ; )

Anyway, my second choice shares the same 1st year as my first choice. If I'm one of the top performers in that 1st year, I can smoothly segue into my 1st choice from 2nd year and onward. I'm confident in my abilities, however I have no idea how stiff the competition will be and there's only a few seats reserved for that means of entry. Worst case scenario, and at the very least, I'll be able to do a one year conversion h-dip after I've completed my 2nd choice...and end up with the exact same qualification as my first choice... albeit taking one year more. But with the added bonus of having a joint degree in another subject. So there's definitely some benefits to taking the longer option, which upon reflection I might prefer. I'll have to talk with some people to see how it works in terms of BTEA and grants etc.

Confused ? ...heh. Anyway, long story short I will still get to where I want to get, one way or the other : )

Advertisement