Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre in Cobh

Options
  • 03-07-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Can anyone from Eircom give an update on the status of efibre for Oak Drive (RBK1_E01) in Cobh? Most of the island is fibre enabled at this stage and the parts connected directly to the exchange in Cobh are going live on the 8th of July but Oak Drive is still scheduled for Autumn 2015.
    Are the houses on the Oak Drive exchange not part of this rollout? Is the Oak Drive exchange even connected to the main exchange in Cobh? (Heard it was connected to Monkstown/Passage West)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

MackMack wrote: »
    Can anyone from Eircom give an update on the status of efibre for Oak Drive (RBK1_E01) in Cobh? Most of the island is fibre enabled at this stage and the parts connected directly to the exchange in Cobh are going live on the 8th of July but Oak Drive is still scheduled for Autumn 2015.
    Are the houses on the Oak Drive exchange not part of this rollout? Is the Oak Drive exchange even connected to the main exchange in Cobh? (Heard it was connected to Monkstown/Passage West)
    HI MackMack

RBK1_E01 requires further works and upgrades before it can be activated for eFibre. I have discussed this with our Networks team who have confirmed that unfortunately there is no agreed launch date and the best indication of a time frame fro launch is within the next 6 months.

If you have an address or phone number you would like me to check which exchange or cabinet it's connected to please feel free to drop me a private message

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MackMack

Got rid of my phone line ages ago because of the state of internet in Oak Drive but the line was connected to this exchange.

Can you find out if the RBK1_E01 exchange is connected to the main exchange in Cobh or if it's connected to one in Passage West/Monkstown area as I heard? If it's connected to Cobh is it a case of waiting for the direct to exchange changes to be made sometime this year when that's launched?

Thanks

Got rid of my phone line ages ago because of the state of internet in Oak Drive but the line was connected to this exchange.

Can you find out if the RBK1_E01 exchange is connected to the main exchange in Cobh or if it's connected to one in Passage West/Monkstown area as I heard? If it's connected to Cobh is it a case of waiting for the direct to exchange changes to be made sometime this year when that's launched?

Thanks
    Hi MackMack

It's connected to the RushBrooke exchange - it has no bearing what exchange it's connected to in terms of launch date. Once RBK1_E01 activates only then will eFibre be available.

Thanks

Al

Any update on this Exchange? According to the Eircom Wholesale map this is now put back to mid 2016? At least another 9 month wait for an estate of a few hundred houses that are stuck on 1 meg broadband when the rest of Cobh is now getting efibre, including the people direct to the exchange.

Any update on this Exchange? According to the Eircom Wholesale map this is now put back to mid 2016? At least another 9 month wait for an estate of a few hundred houses that are stuck on 1 meg broadband when the rest of Cobh is now getting efibre, including the people direct to the exchange.
    Hi MackMack

I'm afraid I have no further information, I understand I previously advised approx 6 months back in June but it's unfortunately put back another few months to reflect early 2016.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Can you at least enlighten us as to why 200-300 houses in one of the largest towns in Ireland is being abandoned for another 9 months with first gen contention limited broadband that Noah used when building the Ark?
    The rest of Cobh is fibre enabled, including people in the centre of the town connected directly to the exchange. Would it not have made sense to sort out the exchange in rushbrooke Links when all the other direct to exchange people were being sorted instead of having to come back to do it next year? 

Can you at least enlighten us as to why 200-300 houses in one of the largest towns in Ireland is being abandoned for another 9 months with first gen contention limited broadband that Noah used when building the Ark?
    The rest of Cobh is fibre enabled, including people in the centre of the town connected directly to the exchange. Would it not have made sense to sort out the exchange in rushbrooke Links when all the other direct to exchange people were being sorted instead of having to come back to do it next year?

I'm sorry MackMack I'll be unable to offer you the details to support the reasoning for this. Ultimately the reasoning behind eircoms infrastructural and network developments will be held at an internal level but I can assure you there are hundreds of cabinets throughout the country in the same position and Oak Drive is definitely not the only one that needs more works required.

Thanks
    Al

Ah well, guess we'll all be staying with Nova for another year at least.
    Suppose I was being a bit naive thinking a business would give some sort of explaination as to why we can't get a service.

I'm sorry I can't offer better news MackMack

The reason why you can't get efibre is because more works are required to the cabinet, unfortunately I'm unable to offer you the network development specifications to offer more reasons on this.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement