Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL courses

Options
  • 03-07-2015 4:36pm

I'm not entirely sure whether this is best suited here, in English, or somewhere else entirely, so apologies if I'm completely off the mark.

Anyway, I'm looking into doing a TEFL course but I'm a little clueless about it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm thinking of taking the course through teflcoursesireland, but I'm not sure if it is better for me to do it online or in a classroom environment. The classroom environment is probably better, but is slightly more expensive and the next set of courses isn't until September and I'd much rather get started on it now.

Aside from this, can anyone let me know how hard it is to get placements abroad for this? What are the best places to look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

Just saw this now - how did you get on? Still need any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭HenryChinaski

Honestly, I think the 120 TEFL courses are a bit of a waste. I did one several years ago and have been working in EFL in Korea for 5 years. Those TEFL courses are virtually ignored here and then in other countries they aren't enough. I would recommend going all out and doing the CELTA if your serious about trying to teach English. I'm gearing up to leave Korea now and while I'm already working on a masters in TESOL, I don't envisage myself making it through the year without having to do a CELTA aswell.

Advertisement