Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Electricity Query

Options
  • 03-07-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Evening all - I could be grasping at straws here...but I'd appreciate some qualified views to help me eliminate a possible issue.

If domestic toasters struggle to work...I mean three of them in quick succession that barely colour the bread...could supply issues to the kitchen sockets be anyway contributing to this ?.

We bought two toasters...different makes...and had to return both. We're now on a third and just accept it...often needing to use a second cycle.

Perhaps we're just the unluckiest toaster-buyers in the world...but something isn't right !!.

Thanks in advance,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Have you adjusted the settings on the toaster to ensure it's not on minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Have you adjusted the settings on the toaster to ensure it's not on minimum?

Yes - sure that's not it. Just baffled at how three separate units won't function properly. K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

A low voltage complaint would be for the whole house not just one circuit. Simple test here would be to turn off the MCB for the kitchen sockets. Then plug the toaster in to any other socket in the house that is still working. See how you get on.

Advertisement