Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth - moyglare road

Options
  • 03-07-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Is traffic coming in the moyglare road really as bad as everyone says? Would it deter you from living out there even if you found the house you had been searching for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On school days yes, and no - it wouldn't deter me, the horrific walk would. The one shop (if its even still open) anywhere closer than the town centre would kill me. Although I could get used to a pub on my doorstep if in Moyglare Village - its still a decent walk from Moyglare Hall though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

There is a back road to dodge most of the town, if your heading for the motor way into Dublin that'd sort the traffic issue. As for the walk its a solid 25 minutes from Moyglare hall into the town. And that's walking fast. Definitely doable but up to yourself if that's too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks a million. It's not moyglare hall I'm looking at. Had really hoped to stay in the straffan side but there's such a shortage of houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

WEll then you should be grand. It's a handier side for the schools too if that's an issue for you too.

The front of Moyglare Village or the apartment/townhouse estate (never knew the name but apparently its Moyglare Meadows) are much more acceptable than Moyglare Hall or Abbey are for walking time.

The 66 bus extension should help, a lot, but its horribly delayed.

The road is suboptimal for cycling due to being quite narrow, its not changed since I was a teenager in that regard and that's regrettably long ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

I don't have an issue with the traffic or the walk to be honest. Once you know the school times traffic can be easily avoided by taking the back road. I walk from the back of moyglare abbey to manor mills a few times a weeks and it takes 15 mins max pushing a buggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

If i recall right, you use the toll daily to get somewhere north of liffey?

You can avoid the town by heading out moyglare road, right at small cross roads, left at t junction and out to Dunboyne in about 15 mins.

Roads not great when ice about in winter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Going into the city via Dunboyne can double the journey time due to traffic but it is super handy and fast for Blanch .

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭shoehorn

L1011 wrote:

L1011 wrote:

You mean 67 extension? 66 extension is planned for newtown direction

shoehorn wrote: »
    You mean 67 extension? 66 extension is planned for newtown direction

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement