Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psn query.

Options
  • 03-07-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks. Sold my ps3 recently and bought a ps4. Formatted the ps3 before selling it but never "deactivated" it from psn. I've changed my password since selling it so nobody can sign into my account except me.

Anyway, since getting the ps4 I am getting random messages telling me that my lag is terrible and I've been reported etc etc etc. I don't really interact with people online except friends and some of these messages are coming through when I'm nowhere near the console. Could this be as a result of me not deactivating the old ps3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

MugMugs wrote: »
    Hi folks. Sold my ps3 recently and bought a ps4. Formatted the ps3 before selling it but never "deactivated" it from psn. I've changed my password since selling it so nobody can sign into my account except me.

Anyway, since getting the ps4 I am getting random messages telling me that my lag is terrible and I've been reported etc etc etc. I don't really interact with people online except friends and some of these messages are coming through when I'm nowhere near the console. Could this be as a result of me not deactivating the old ps3?

If you log into your PSN acc here " https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/home/games " you can try and deactivate the PS3 in top right of screen ,under " your name here " ,account settings and " media and devices "

If that doesn't work...get an email off to Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Your "lag" shouldnt have anything to do with this.
    More wifi or internet issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

eddhorse wrote: »
    Your "lag" shouldnt have anything to do with this.
    More wifi or internet issue.

Agreed however it's occurring at times I'm either not near the console or I'm not playing online. That's why I was concerned as the old ps3 is registered to me that may be causing an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Well if its when you are not online then thats different entirely.

Have you changed your password for PSN?
    Check your account on the website just to be sure its deactivated.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Well if its when you are not online then thats different entirely.

Have you changed your password for PSN?
    Check your account on the website just to be sure its deactivated.

Yeah, I'm a man of many passwords so forgot it when I got the new console and had to do a reset so 100% happy my account isn't being used by the new owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MugMugs wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a man of many passwords so forgot it when I got the new console and had to do a reset so 100% happy my account isn't being used by the new owner.

Even still you account is still linked to that console online. I have old PSPs still linked to PSN accounts I can't remember passwords for anymore and my brother uses the PSP now but it's still linked.

Only way is to deactivate it online by accessing your old PSN account and removing the hardware linked to it, there is no other way.

Got sorted, contacted them and they've taken all PS consoles off the account.

Cheers folks :)

Advertisement