Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What Makes You Wanna Give Up?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Went for a spin today pulled in for petrol and a person who I barely knew walked passed and said "nice to see you back on the bike, I heard you had bought one again, well wear"
    That just made my day, it's good to be back and this time Im staying :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

duskyjoe wrote: »
    All I know is riding a push bike around town is 100 times more dangerous than riding a motor bike......

Statistically speaking it's not though. A bicycle is more dangerous than a car, but still safer than a bike with an engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Statistically speaking it's not though. A bicycle is more dangerous than a car, but still safer than a bike with an engine.

And all are safer than horse-riding or scuba diving, yet parents will happily stick their 9 year old daughter on a horse and no one constantly feels the need to lecture them.

Amyone that owns a bike in this country is going against the flow. The general public takes a very dim view of motorcyclists. I've left it out of my CV because of this. They won't hire someone with, what they perceive to be, such a short life expectancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Pugzilla wrote:

I'd love to see those stats, last study I saw said cycling was more dangerous. Something's drastically changed.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pugzilla wrote: »
    . I've left it out of my CV because of this. .

Bad news for you then......you wont be getting that courier job you applied for....:P

Pugzilla wrote:
    Amyone that owns a bike in this country is going against the flow. The general public takes a very dim view of motorcyclists. I've left it out of my CV because of this. They won't hire someone with, what they perceive to be, such a short life expectancy.

I disagree, general reception of motorcyclists has improved massively since I started. I've also had bikes listed on my cv from the first one and it's never been a problem, actually it's been a great conversation starter several times.

bladespin wrote: »
    I disagree, general reception of motorcyclists has improved massively since I started. I've also had bikes listed on my cv from the first one and it's never been a problem, actually it's been a great conversation starter several times.

Not in the medical world it is.
    You won't find many doctors on motorcycles. John Hinds was an exception.

Pugzilla wrote:
    Not in the medical world it is. You won't find many doctors on motorcycles. John Hinds was an exception.

Dr John was by no means the only doctor who rode a bike.

Not my field but I'd be amazed if medical professionals were that thick tbh.

bladespin wrote: »
    I'd love to see those stats, last study I saw said cycling was more dangerous. Something's drastically changed.

http://road.cc/content/news/68212-dft-casualty-statistics-rank-driving-cycling-walking-and-motorcycling-risk

• Advertisement

That's UK figures, ours are slightly different but a good read all the same.

Advertisement