Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone an expert on Dublin residents parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The point was from bringing the baby and all that goes with it like the buggy places. I have seen with friends that it takes a packed boot and half the back seat to go away for a few hours with a baby how do you propose carrying all that stuff without a car?.

Yes I would agree, with a car you are inclined to bring way more stuff than you actually need. I have a baby at the moment and the only time we put him in the car other than weekends away is when we are going to the park (which is 5 miles away) or going to the supermarket.
    We could avoid using the car for either one by getting public transport or walking to the supermarket but the car is more convenient. Convenient but not essential.

What are they bringing that takes up a boot and half a back seat anyway???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Permit parking? Wasn't that the OP's issue, not how full the back of a car may or may not be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donegal1980

Hi, I am moving to an apartment in Dublin 8 that does not have a parking space. I do not have a clue about on street parking and hope someone could help.
    There are a number of streets around the apartment that have pay and display signs so I assume you would require a permit for this.
    There are also a number of streets that do not have signs and I could not see permits on the windshields of cars. Is it a case that some streets are just free parking and is there a way to find out where these streets are
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi, I am moving to an apartment in Dublin 8 that does not have a parking space. I do not have a clue about on street parking and hope someone could help.
    There are a number of streets around the apartment that have pay and display signs so I assume you would require a permit for this.
    There are also a number of streets that do not have signs and I could not see permits on the windshields of cars. Is it a case that some streets are just free parking and is there a way to find out where these streets are
    Thanks

If there is parking in the development (regardless of whether or not you have a space) you will generally not qualify for a parking permit.

Here is the Dublin City Council link for info on parking for City Residents http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-parking-dublin/parking-city-residents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Cars are a necessity as most people simply cannot survive without them, trying to claim otherwise is head in the sand stuff.

As I said before a resident of an area should have favour over someone from outside it makes perfect sense.

Also most apartments have one space included in the price, it's an exception to have to pay extra. I have been looking at apartments for sale on a weekly basis over the last few years and 95% include a parking space and rightly so it should be a planning requirement that every apartment has a dedicated space.

Most apartments in Dublin city centre do not include a parking space in the price. It costs extra just for 1 space. In addition the management company will charge a management fee for each car space as well so there is an annual cost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement