Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New exit on the M4 for Maynooth

Options
  • 04-07-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has anything on the new exit being proposed on the M4, apparently it is going ahead, I know there had been talk about it before, last I heard was the current exit was being closed, and a new one opening the Rathcoffey side of the town.

I'd hope a project like that has included some kind of ringroad and will not just use the current roads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Talk of a north ring road as well that never materialised. Think it was meant to be part of the planning conditions for Moyglare Hall. Is badly needed for the new education campus that is proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dead in the water I believe, thankfully.

The bit of the North Ring in Kildare is part of the Moyglare Hall permission and has been built - the road that overshoots the estate entrance. Beyond that is Meath and KCC can't compel construction there.

The are bits of the putative ring road built at Lidl and in Griffin Rath as well as the 1990s upgrade of the Blacklion road which will be part of it eventuallty. There is planning in for a new estate to link Lidl and Griffin Rath; and planning in for one that'll build the road out towards the canal from Griffin Rath. The Labour councillor has put in a submission on the planning that that estate should be required to build it all the way to Blacklion.

If the current plans are built we'll have a link from the Straffan Road to the Celbridge Road which will be handy for people further out the town to get to the M4 or people from south of the town to get to the schools; but I could see the Pikes Bridge road getting quite crowded as a result.

Advertisement