Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montenegro

• 04-07-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I am interested in a 1-2 week holiday in budva and/or other resorts in Montenegro but would prefer to arrange it myself and if possible not hire a car. I am thinking of flying into Dubrovnik. I would love to hear from any others who have experience of this or similar and would really welcome your views and recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Rex Manning

Budva is quite small and you'd see it all in a few days. Kotor is half way between Dubrovnik and budva, small town but nice and good to stop off for a day. Both places are definitely worth visiting though.

If you have a week or 2 it might be worth looking into going to Sarajevo, tons to do and pretty cheap. Mostar is on the way between Sarajevo and Dubrovnik, its a bit of a **** hole but has some nice bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

We did a similar trip a few years ago. We flew into Dubrovnik and then took a bus to Budva. It was easy to book tickets at the bus station and all I remember was that going across the border took longer than I expected (maybe 30 minutes).

Budva is a lovely place for a few days, nice beach with various activities. As said though, it is quite small so only a few days is necessary. We rented a car and drove up to the mountains to do white water rafting. It was somewhere in the region of Pluzine and we booked it through email. Great fun and lovely scenery. I would suggest a few days on the coast with stops in Kotor, Budva and Bar (I heard it's also nice there). Public transport should be easy to get on these routes.

Advertisement