Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferral Letter Advice Needed

Options
  • 04-07-2015 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi There,

I have been accepted to my 1st choice university course for the forthcoming september enrollments which, obviously, is really great !

However i dont have the financial stability to support myself for the next year. It is my plan to request a Deferral but ive never actually done this and am unsure of the type of things to say And NOT to say!!

Could anyone offer opinions on my Draft Letter. 1st thing is CONTENT, then Length , formality, etc. I have kept it short for now....?

i must post this by monday, 2 days so need to get moving now..

see below for what i have so far.
    ======================================================
    I am very pleased to have been offered a place on this vibrant and esteemable course. Having done extensive research regarding the various courses being offered in this area i

have chossen this unique course as it offers me all that i am looking for towards my future career.. This is what i am dedicating my life to persuing.

However it has become clear to me through a cold analysis of the figures that i currently lack the financial resources needed to aid me through a program of study. As such i

am requesting a Defferal from this years enrollment until next year . This would enable me to Gain employment in order to save enough money so i can give my studies the full

attention that is required. I feel with some savings behind me i will be better student and contributing member of Campus life.

I hope this request is one which will not cause university staff any hasstle.

Sincerely,

XXX

Advertisement