Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto download of photos from iphone5 to wireless storage device

• 04-07-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, my iPhone memory is full of photos I do not want to delete. My iCloud storage is also full, and I do not want to pay for more. My work laptop is full of these photos also.
    I wonder is it possible to set up a wireless storage device to my home wifi network, which will automatically or manually save photos from my iPhone? I asked in Maplins today, who seemed to sell the ideal products but the sales guy assured me that there must be a PC or laptop acting as a bridge between the iPhone and wireless storage device. Has anyone managed to set up such a system?
    Thanks for any help you may give me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The two solutions I can think of are Google Photos, which is apparently very very good, and Dropbox. Both are cloud-based, but you could set up a dropbox folder on an external hard disk that would get a copy of every photo you take...but again you'd need a computer acting as a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Neilfx

Thanks Zcott, sorry for delay replying to your post, I thought I had replied, but it never went.
    I have Dropbox and Google photos, but I really wanted a storage drive that I would connect to my home wifi network and could automatically download my photos. I have limited trust of cloud functions.
    I have purchased a 'Leef Bridge' mobile memory 16GB STORAGE DRIVE. This is not what I had envisaged but is a USB stick with a lightning connection on one side and USB connection on the other. Therefore I can plug it into my iPhone, transfer the photos manually and then plug it into my Laptop and transfer the photos there.
    Thanks again for your suggestions

Advertisement