Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion help

Options
  • 04-07-2015 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi immersion stopped working so I reset it and its working but the cable from switch to immersion is very hot ,what's wrong ??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Assuming it is wired with correct protective devices, probably poor connections. Turn it off until you get it looked at. It could cause a fire or burn off insulation and cause electrocution.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

redcatstar wrote: »
    Hi immersion stopped working so I reset it and its working but the cable from switch to immersion is very hot ,what's wrong ??

Did it trip the MCB in board is that what you reset?

Best thing you can do is isolate the immersion and contact an electrician .

Excessive heat in the cable in my opinion along with it not working correctly probably a loose connection and could be a very dangerous hazard.

I'm sure some regular posters will reply and give you further guidance op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭redcatstar

I reset the button under the metal cap then switched it on left it for 15 mins to see if it was working which it was but cable from immersion to switch was very hot so turned it off , so you reckon an electrician needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I'd recommend you do get a electrician.

Advertisement