Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payday 2

Options
  • 04-07-2015 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi I just got payday2 for ps4 about a week ago. Just wondering many here play it?

Anyone know the easiest way to get weapon mods I've been playing it a lot I'm up to level 47 and can't get any mods for the guns I want at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Hi I just got payday2 for ps4 about a week ago. Just wondering many here play it?

Anyone know the easiest way to get weapon mods I've been playing it a lot I'm up to level 47 and can't get any mods for the guns I want at all.

The best thing to do is collect the packages. When you collect enough of them they unlock mods. Apart from that just playing lots of games. Ukrainian job if you know how to stealth it can be done quickly or even rushed in 30secs meaning you play the end of Match card game more.

Anyway level 47 is actually a low rank. I was infamy 1 level 80 and a glitch happened. Game froze and quit to main menu. Save file corrupted and they weren't backed up online because the storage was full. it turns out a select few games saves take up a huge amount of space.

So a word of warning, make sure you have space to back up your files or risk losing all your progress. They are not saved online to a server.

Anyway on this game. Absolutely loving it apart from that glitch that reset me. I platinumed the ps3 version last year and I'm trying to platinum this aswell. Thoroughly enjoyable and addictive.

Love going in loud but when you figure out how to stealth it's truly rewarding. My advice is add people who you play with that are high levels and try get in with them. It's so much more fun with a good crew than a bunch of noobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I've been playing hoxton breakout on overkill I always bring a thantos for 2shot kills on bulldozers I use a loco shotgun as my secondary with the enforcer skills it is good at clearing a hallway in no time I struggle with distance in it though.

I'm up to level 84now I have the game about a month I'd say.
    I am addicted to it aswell never played the ps3 version.

Is it worth going infamous as in what skills or perks can you get when ur infamous that you can't at staying at 100?

I've been playing hoxton breakout on overkill I always bring a thantos for 2shot kills on bulldozers I use a loco shotgun as my secondary with the enforcer skills it is good at clearing a hallway in no time I struggle with distance in it though.

I'm up to level 84now I have the game about a month I'd say.
    I am addicted to it aswell never played the ps3 version.

Is it worth going infamous as in what skills or perks can you get when ur infamous that you can't at staying at 100?

I'd recommend going infamous at least once.

You lose all your spending money (not offshore money, you keep that) so I recommend spending it all at level 100 to unlock weapon slots and mask slots. Then buy as many weapons and masks as you can.

When in skills you can press square to select different skill set ups so unlock them. Also if you press L2 you can upgrade perks which you keep after you prestige.

And if you buy a lot of guns before you prestige you can sell them after to boost your cash back again.

BTW are you good at doing stealth?

No I've no idea about the stealth side of the game at all to be honest. Is it hard to get used to?

• Advertisement

No I've no idea about the stealth side of the game at all to be honest. Is it hard to get used to?

You are level 84 so you have enough skill points to do it. I recommend setting up a second skill tree for stealth. the rogue perk deck is good to max out for that too.

If you want to do it solo look up a few YouTube tutorials but it's more fun to find randoms good at stealth and learn by playing with them.

It's incredibly rewarding doing missions like bank gold heist, jewelry store, Ukrainian job etc and it means you can pull them off on deathwish.

Firestarter is so easy on overkill if you can stealth day 2 and 3.

Shadow raid is hard but once you know what you're doing its very enjoyable.

The likes of big bank and the diamond job are hard.

But as I said you will enjoy pulling them off in stealth so much more. It's a nice change of pace instead of all guns blazing 24/7.

On crime.net look for a job with one person playing solo on deathwish. If he's a high level chances are he's doing it on stealth.

Equip your tuxedo and Google the best setup to get your concealment down to 4 or 5. Silence weapon is a must.

If you've not gotten into stealth you've missed out on half the game!

Thanks for advice will investigate into the stealth setup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How come this thread didn't get moved to the general gaming forum and was allowed to stay here?
    Every other game gets shifted out fairly quickly.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057450576

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Payday 2 is on sale now on the PSN store, I really like the look of it but don't know anyone that plays it. Many around here play it? Would definitely get it if there was a few here up for teaming up for a few heists, I've heard it can be hard to find games in public matchmaking.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Payday 2 is on sale now on the PSN store, I really like the look of it but don't know anyone that plays it. Many around here play it? Would definitely get it if there was a few here up for teaming up for a few heists, I've heard it can be hard to find games in public matchmaking.

Go for it man, it takes a while to get used to the game but once it clicks it's hard not to be addicted. It's quick enough finding a game most times. Ya I don't mind have a few games with you if you get it.
    Feel free to ask any questions here if you can't figure anything out.

• Advertisement

Go for it man, it takes a while to get used to the game but once it clicks it's hard not to be addicted. It's quick enough finding a game most times. Ya I don't mind have a few games with you if you get it.
    Feel free to ask any questions here if you can't figure anything out.

Just bought it there, downloading as I type. Don't know what I'm getting myself in for, but I love a game with a steep learning curve and depth. I'm sure I'll have anyone on this thread hounded with questions before too long :pac:

Did you get playing yet?

Did you get playing yet?

Yeah I was playing for a couple of hours. Managed to get up to level 8 and I have to say it's quite fun, but I'm way out of my depth at the moment, don't really know which jobs to take on and how best to rank up. I'm hoping everything clicks for me soon but it's a bit overwhelming yet. If yourself or anyone else here is up for doing a few jobs one of the evenings, my PSN is kaptinofwAr121.

It took me along time to adjust aswell as there's no story to ease you into your kind of just dropped into it. Trust me you will be getting used to it soon. The best job I find is "hoxton breakout" a lot of xp and will climb ranks very quick.
    It will be Monday the earliest I'll be able to play but I'll pm ya when I can ahe a game and try pull you along:)

Advertisement