Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail Jobs Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gazzac

Best of luck , I’m still waiting to be called, what station did you apply for

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Designator

Are you still waiting to be given a start date after your interview and medical and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 samcro_savagery

Hi all,

I know this issue has been brought up before as Ive read through nearly all of this forum but just looking to see if someone could answer. I worried about my BMI for the medical. My BMI is 36 but I have lost 13kg in the last 9 weeks. Would this high of a BMI go against me even though I can prove I've lost weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

How far away is the medical for you? 13kg is a lot to lose in 9 weeks. Congratulations on that!

I'd say just keep working on it. There are a lot of overweight drivers, but I think once you get in the door, you can get away with it a bit more.

Cheers. I only doing phase 2 next week and I know I'm jumping the gun but I was hoping that if I do pass phase 2 that the medical wasn't the next part. I'm hoping it's after the two interviews( if I get that far).

No still waiting for inchicore for station operative

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bullmccabe4646

Yes they did and Ive been working through it over the last few days, cos it said train drivers Booklet i thought it was train driver only orientated but obviously not once you read it

Dublin

They have sometimes set up medicals before interviews. Depends on the slots available to them. I'd say keep on the weight loss path you are on, and don't worry about it too much for the medical.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magicjohnson94

Hi,

Anyone done that before Pre-Interview form ? Could you give some advice / tell more about it please

• Registered Users Posts: 3 magoogoo

Hi Everyone

Been following the thread for a while. Passed online assessments and received an email stating the business priority was recruiting for dublin at present and my tests are valid for 24 months.

Anyone else on the same boat? I'm down for galway.

Good luck Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 38 slowclap

Sorry, Driver

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Designator

I’m the same, passed my tests and medical and final interviews since September last year for cork and heard nothing since. I applied internally through bus Eireann through so not sure if it means my application is only valid as long as I’m a CIE employee or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 magi2407

Hi all, Just a thought that came into my head recently. Do fleet control / maintenance control / operations positions only become available internally or were they ever advertised for the public? I can see how internal recruitment could work better here but from what I checked on the internet I could never see anything advertised.

TIA for any hinters.

Try having a look at LinkedIn and previous roles held by staff in those positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheShepard

2 starting for Galway in two weeks, 3 more are to be hired throughout the year.

That's good to know, best of luck to them.

Maybe I'll hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magicjohnson94

Hi,

Anyone done that before Pre-Interview form ? Could you give some advice / tell more about it please

• Advertisement

They ask for examples of various work qualities. Safety related, under pressure, to high standard. That kind of thing. Answer using the STAR method.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Morr1990

Anyone know what interview form in phase two consists of?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alpha1-1Cretty

Best of luck to everyone sitting phase 2 for driver role tomorrow. May fate stand with you!

Cheers

@[Deleted User] Of course. Can't believe I failed to mention them. Apologies.

It was certainly a challenging one. The VSE was fun also. Cocked up twice on the third part but aside from that twas a bit of free adrenaline 😂😂

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Morr1990

Anybody heard anything back after completing phase 2?

No nothing yet. I think last few phase 2 assessments happened today so I'd say it will be next week some time. I did mine last Friday and the wait to hear back is killing me cos I'm not sure if I messed up a bit on the VSE. I got about 4 wrong in the last part.

You can get some wrong. It's more important that you can reset, and continue on with the test.

Did mine Tuesday, administrator said it would be a few weeks but I think he's being fairly loose about that.

VSE was a bit of a handful especially in the high demand part. The most important part of that is getting your focus back after you make a mistake or two. I got caught out twice on that and as a result got 4 too late/incorrect messages but recovered fairly quickly.

Someone in there said the circle on the track side of the VSE turned into a semi circle at times. That's something I either didn't notice, or it didn't happen. I'm not sure but that's definitely been keeping me up at night.

SCAAT was a nice adrenaline buzz but left me getting a third of the way down on half of the sheets and a half of the way down on the other half of them just because I was leaning a bit more heavily on accuracy (as per the OPCs recommendations on my feedback email).

Yer man next to me was flying through them at light speed. Had to make sure I didn't let that get into my head. Had to tell myself to remain accurate and that moving at such speeds would leave me prone to mistakes.

Hope everyone who sat them both on Friday or Tuesday does well.

If my count of maximum classroom capacity is anything to go off. (12-14 per assesment times four per day and times 2 because there was 2 days.) Only ~100 people sat phase 2. That should give everyone an idea of the attrition rate at this stage with 2 more steps to go in case you were all wondering.

I guess we'll all see what happens.

If successful the next email should contain the 16PF forms. Administrator said it's more of a formality than a hardcore test. Just be yourselves on that and don't be afraid to be honest.

As for the first interview, hindsight is always 20/20. If you feel like you should change one of the answers you did on the pre interview form, don't be afraid to do so! Relate it back to the job description as much as you can.

Hope this helps someone or a few of you. Only god can save us now.

Cheers lads!

Yeah, the VSE has semi circles. Obviously to test your ability to notice them, while working under pressure.

I don't think the 16pf is a formality. They want to test if you are suited to the role. Answer it honestly, but remember you need to put safety and following rules first.

• Advertisement

@Citizen Six Uh oh😯

I didn't notice any in Task 1 and I was glued to that. Must've been in task 3 unless I'm blind as a bat. Perhaps I'll skate by, as terrifying as you letting me know is I appreciate you advising me.

The admin said it's not super important and I've had some current drivers mention the same. 16pf will all be considered no doubt because it's an important metric for figuring out who a person is and how they carry themselves.

Either way this next week could be amazing or absolutely dreadful for me it seems.

I'll update when I find out which it is 😂

Thanks for the heads up. Might be having to resit these assessments at the end of the year lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DustyShowbiz

I just received the email for the 16pf invite 😄.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 recruit1994

At what stage is the 16 pf issued? Is it after the phase two tests?

thanks

@[Deleted User]

I guess it's not! Either that or I allowed myself to assume the 2 dots at a time, skipping, changing colour and turning around were all the errors that could have occured. Assumptions are the mother of all ...

I received my 16pf this morning. Does this mean I'm through phase 2 or does everyone get it?

My email showed 2 days to choose from with 4 sessions apiece as shown below. Unless everyone else recieved different emails to me. I don't know about there being 5 days as this is all I got in terms of preferences and I checked the email the very moment I received it. My numbers come from data I've received.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DustyShowbiz

@Alpha1-1Cretty There is also a Monday in that list. You either have a dark mode extension in your browser that is messing with the styling of the time block or you just failed to notice it completely.

@DustyShowbiz

Christ almighty I see it now. I just thought it was strange formatting!

God help me lol. Figured the rest were scratched out on purpose as there was a second email amending times.

Thanks for the heads up honestly. I may feel kind of dumb right now but I'm glad it was pointed out.

Gonna drop out of here for a while to ensure I don't make a show of myself any further 😂😂

-Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kitcats

Received the 16pf invite, does this mean I passed the phase two assessments? That semi circle error really threw me off and made a few blunders was worried that was it for me.

@[Deleted User]

Don't worry. There's no harm that can come to me from yous lot knowing that kind of stuff aside from the fact that you now know I have a name and I wear clothes 😂😂. Imagine getting jumped by a group of boards.ie users 💀

Don't let that discourage you at all. You could recieve it at any time now lad tbh. They're weird with how they do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kitcats

@recruit1994 I got my email today after doing my phase 2 tests last Friday so maybe it’s 5 working days after phase 2 tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

A relative was asked to complete more forms today after testing on Tuesday. They felt they had done badly on one or two tests, so maybe everyone gets the invite to complete the form?

Multiple choice. You can find examples online of what it's like, and how best to answer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

Any one any idea when the next recruitment drive will be for train drivers. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭antoisspence

Got the email today to say I didn’t make it past the Phase 2 assessment. Ah well, there’s always the next one. Good luck to those of you who got through.

Shame we can’t get any sort of feedback on our results though.

Didn’t make it past Phase 2 at all. Kinda surprised really. Made it all the way to the panel interview back in 2019

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. I did ask for feedback at the time but never got any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 magi2407

I wouldn't stress too much but of course be weary that no stage is a formality. The man or lady from OPC will make the 16pf as stress-less for you but you still have to give them reasons to mark you well. Whether anything isn't important is also up for debate as I was told that all your results are considered in the end so I would be aiming for the best performance each time.

I think if you have to resit then it's a good time to do something else and come back better prepared so I wouldn't stress too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Probably when a quota is reached, the algorithm kicks in and sends automatic "tough luck" emails to unsuccessful candidates.

You'll just have to keep an eye on this thread, and on the Irish Rail website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 james87c

Sent off my 16pf last Friday haven’t heard anything back yet. Does anybody know how fast this process takes and if the training is a move to Dublin for a year Monday-Friday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement