Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant in North County needed.

Options
  • 04-07-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

as the title suggests, I'm in need of an accountant somewhere in the North Co.
    Someone that can look after Sole Trader and Limited Liability Companies would be great.
    It would be even better if they were dependable and reasonably priced :p
    Like a semi retired accountant, working from home with no office overheads to cover.
    I heard about a lady in Skerries that sounded ideal, but can't find any info to contact her.

Any and all suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi all,

as the title suggests, I'm in need of an accountant somewhere in the North Co.
    Someone that can look after Sole Trader and Limited Liability Companies would be great.
    It would be even better if they were dependable and reasonably priced :p
    Like a semi retired accountant, working from home with no office overheads to cover.
    I heard about a lady in Skerries that sounded ideal, but can't find any info to contact her.

Any and all suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent you a recommendation by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

I am based in NCD and my accountant is in Drumcondra. PM me for details if that is not too far for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an Accountant in the North County Dublin area. Im a first time Landlord and not comfortable completing the Forms myself. I just want to tax the taxes right! Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks all :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Merged with a recent thread - maybe a PM to one of the posters above will get you a recommendation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Merged with a recent thread - maybe a PM to one of the posters above will get you a recommendation :)

Thanks Dizzyblonde - I didnt see this thread when I did a search :confused:

Ill PM those with recommendations. Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Nearest office is Dundalk - hardly NCD now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Nearest office is Dundalk - hardly NCD now is it?

Thats just were there based. They come down to your house ifi you want to. There excellent, and on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Amazing service from: http://www.cleargroup.ie in Balbriggan.
    Tom is the definition of professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks minikin.
    Cleargroup look the most promising for my needs so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

minikin wrote: »
    Amazing service from: http://www.cleargroup.ie in Balbriggan.
    Tom is the definition of professionalism.

I don't like the site at all - no indication of who is behind it and if they've any qualifications. No sign of the Tom you mention, which I never like to see.

Are the a member of any professional accountancy body? (don't see it). What qualifications have they to perform the tax work? (ITI qualified? or similar?)

I'm in practice (employee only so not touting and not in NCD anyway). My advice to Neil_Sedaka would be to;

(a) get a recommendation or two off someone you know

(b) find a firm who is a member of professional body (CAI, ACCA, CPA) as you can at least complain to them if things go wrong

(c) ask to see their practising cert when you go see them (you'll probably spot it at reception in their office anyway). This will prove their membership is up to date and they are authorised to practice

Hope that helps.

Advertisement