Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer randomly keeps freezing

Options
  • 05-07-2015 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Built my own PC back in November and never had issues up until the last few days. The computer seems to freeze randomly. It has happened when playing a video or browsing facebook but generally when I'm using a browser.

Have checked if all my drivers are up to date and can't seem to spot anything. Anyone have any advice? Can't see anything in event viewer. Hardware fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Battleflag wrote: »
    Built my own PC back in November and never had issues up until the last few days. The computer seems to freeze randomly. It has happened when playing a video or browsing facebook but generally when I'm using a browser.

Have checked if all my drivers are up to date and can't seem to spot anything. Anyone have any advice? Can't see anything in event viewer. Hardware fault?

Could be a RAM issue. Run Memtest to check for errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Battleflag wrote: »

Anti virus software running updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

mordeith wrote: »
    Could be a RAM issue. Run Memtest to check for errors.
    Ran memtest there and no errors were found
    Anti virus software running updates?
    Nope no scan was running, last scan was last week.

Funnily enough I was playing City Skylines for a few hours yesterday and the computer didn't freeze for the entire time I was playing yet when I went on the internet it froze after about 15 minutes twice. Might try Firefox for a bit a see if it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Have you installed anything new recently? Could be a driver issue

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Have you installed anything new recently? Could be a driver issue
    None that I can think of. Have rolled back the GPUs driver to a previous version and have been using Firefox for the past hour with no crashes. No idea what was causing it

• Advertisement
Advertisement