Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPS no. Can new employer see previous work details?

Options
  • 05-07-2015 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

My foreign friend started her first proper job in Ireland 3 weeks ago, having been an au-pair before that. It didn't work out and they let her go last week. She now has an interview for another company this week, but she is worrying about if she should say anything about the job she was in for only 2 and a half weeks. She would rather not mention anything about it obviously, but if she gets this new job, will her new employers see that she has worked previously in Ireland? She paid emergency tax in her wages from the job.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

smashedhat wrote: »
    My foreign friend started her first proper job in Ireland 3 weeks ago, having been an au-pair before that. It didn't work out and they let her go last week. She now has an interview for another company this week, but she is worrying about if she should say anything about the job she was in for only 2 and a half weeks. She would rather not mention anything about it obviously, but if she gets this new job, will her new employers see that she has worked previously in Ireland? She paid emergency tax in her wages from the job.

I don't think they can find out she worked for 2 weeks and was let go, no.

Advertisement