Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best zombie games?

Options
  • 05-07-2015 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Amongst the ones I've played I like dead island, dead rising 2, left 4 dead and the telltale walking dead series. And of course the last of us if that counts. Though I suppose calling it a zombie game would be selling it short quite a bit. I enjoy survival horror.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Dayz....

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Amongst the ones I've played I like dead island, dead rising 2, left 4 dead and the telltale walking dead series. And of course the last of us if that counts. Though I suppose calling it a zombie game would be selling it short quite a bit. I enjoy survival horror.

Not a big zombie game fan but absolutely loved the dead island games.

Also nazi zombies on world at war.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Dying Light is the best zombie game, the coop is great craic in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dying light is really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Loved Dying Light. Also got Dead Rising 3 shortly after and really enjoyed it. So much chaos.

• Advertisement

The best zombie game is the one you've already played - Telltale's Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

7 days to die

jaxdasher wrote: »
    7 days to die

Was it that or Rust that moved away from zombies?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

LFD2 ++: especially good on coop campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Resident Evil HD remake if you want a current gen game. Dead Space is also another good survival horror game, no Zombies though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you like Left4Dead you'll definitely like Nazi Zombie Army/Zombie Army Trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sate of Decay is great fun actually.

• The red dead redemption dlc...undead nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The red dead redemption dlc...undead nightmare

Forgot all about that. That was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Was it that or Rust that moved away from zombies?

I think Rust, 7 days to die main thing is surviving hordes of zombies than pvp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I think Rust, 7 days to die main thing is surviving hordes of zombies than pvp.

Thing with rust is, you do all this collecting and building and it get reset ever 7 days. What a waist of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Others have mentioned good ones like State of Decay, Dying Light, The Walking Dead & Resident Evil HD Remake. Here's a few more:

Project Zomboid is probably the truest form of zombie survival. However it's a 2D Isometric view game so not sure if it may float the boat looks wise for you (but its still pretty on the eye). But the mechanics are very solid and playable.

Dead State isn't a fantastic game but still pretty good, there was a new update recently that overhauled a whole bunch of stuff I have yet to retry. It's probably the only game I can think of that is a zombie survival game but uses the same mechanics as the old Fallout Games and Wasteland 2. If you liked those games you'll like Dead State.

Contagion is the standalone game from source mod 'Zombie Panic!: Source'. It's a decent game with different game modes such as PvP, Extraction and Escape. Uniquely it's one of the few zombie games where players can become, and play as zombies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Resident Evil HD remake if you want a current gen game.

... from 2002 :P

Still a cracker.

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Thing with rust is, you do all this collecting and building and it get reset ever 7 days. What a waist of time

What else did you expect from a game called 7 Days to Die?!

Rust was an odd one. It was billed as a zombie game and now it's become a .. Bear game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The Last of Us is the best for me and yes, they are zombies…

If you have a PS3, Siren: Blood Curse is another great survival horror with zombies that can't be killed and has a totally out there ending.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For me, hands down the best zombie games are the Left 4 Dead ones. Playing with friends, they've been some of my most enjoyable video gaming moments ever. Had a great one with randomers too that really stands out. Joined a versus lobby, wound up me and three random folks against a four people in a clan together, looked like they were trying to go for a pubstomp. Myself and the random folks ended up destroying them in a monumentally one sided game where the clan ragequit before the end.

Advertisement