Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying by card before direct debit is taken out from my bank account?

Options
  • 05-07-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone,

I was issued an electricity bill on July 3rd, and paid it immediately with my debit card through the EI website. I got a confirmation number for the transaction, and can see the payment on my bank account. On the other hand, my online EI account still states the same amount is due.

I also have direct debit set up. Can you confirm that the amount won't be taken out through direct debit as well?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi srkiboy,

Thanks for your post.

If you paid the bill immediately upon receipt, the system should have sufficient notice and the direct debit payment shouldn't go through. It would be best for us to double-check this for you just to be sure though, so if you can send us a private message with your account details (including your full name, address, contact number and confirmation you are the account holder) we can look into it for you.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement