Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

safe to walk from luas to westpark fitness,tallaght?

• 05-07-2015 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Ill be in Dublin soon and need to walk from the luas stop tallaght to westpark fitness via greenhills road at about 2 pm. Just checked google maps and seems to be some wasteland /fields most of the ways. Is this a safe place to walk eg no teenagers hanging out etc

Comments

To begin, it is shorter trip to Luas by the main st and the square. There is no field and waste ground. Maybe you are looking at the church lands in the village? Why are you afraid of teenagers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

To begin, it is shorter trip to Luas by the main st and the square. There is no field and waste ground. Maybe you are looking at the church lands in the village? Why are you afraid of teenagers?

Arent teenagers scary????? Is it just me? ???
    Seriously though just meant is area safe to walk. if an isolated walk id prob take a taxi
    Dont know the area so dont know where the church lands are. Google maps says luas stop is at ITT ?? Is it actually in main st?

Perfect safe walk. Luas not at ITT. See map attached

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

seefin wrote: »
    Arent teenagers scary????? Is it just me? ???
    Seriously though just meant is area safe to walk. if an isolated walk id prob take a taxi
    Dont know the area so dont know where the church lands are. Google maps says luas stop is at ITT ?? Is it actually in main st?

Its perfectly safe, follow the map as suggested above.

The shortcut you're looking at is probably through the college grounds and there's no guarantee the greenhills road gate will be open, and the walls are too high to climb over.

Google maps had me starting from the wrong place. Glad I posted here now.so the route as per map posted is safe enough. Perfect!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

the route as per map posted is safe enough. Perfect!!

I'd go down the old greenhills road for a slight shortcut, westpark fitness is a bit further down than is shown on the map

Is it definitely possible to cut across the square from belgard sq w to belgard sq e diagonally? Google maps puts you walking around the square and doesnt give option for going through. Do you have to weave around buildings . Am under time pressure amd don't want to come to dead end and have to double back. Sorry about this- only for the time pressure i wouldnt be planning so stringently! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi OP, you should be cutting right through IT Tallaght's Campus to get to WestPark. Its quicker than the suggest routes. There is an entrance to the campus across the road, facing Westparks Fitness front gate, the other 2 Entrances to IT Tallaght Campus are on the Luas side.

There is nothing whatsoever to fear about walking from the Luas to Westpark.

The area is built up there is plenty of professional companies located in Tallaght and specifically around the area you are talking about.

Your fear is irrational and reads like a reader from the Daily mail.

Enjoy your journey.

the blue dots should be your route.

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/53.2878367,-6.3729633/53.2909553,-6.358048/@53.2893138,-6.3649686,17z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2?hl=en

A reader from daily mail?? Never been so insulted!!! To be honest I hadn't even thought of it til a friend said he'd ended up in a rough part of tallaght a few years ago and that I should make sure wasnt going to be cutting through amy dodgy estates. Im from a less than salubrious area of cork city so know that there are certain pockets you wouldn't walk through day or night. I know most of tallaght is grand but clueless about where the rough parts are there. Thanks a mill . Will cut through the IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

U could just get the 27 bus and it will leave you outside the gym?

• Advertisement

How long would no 27 take from city with lunchtime traffic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

or the 77,

Both buses would actually be quicker than the 40 Minutes plus Luas journey.

Suggest checking out the routes on Dublin Bus site.

And im not sure where your buddy got off but they must have been up the back arse of tallaght somewhere Its a big place :)

Yeah just gave out to buddy for shaming me on boards!! He said was some dodgy housing estates years ago- he's never been in centre of tallaght so admitted hadnt a clue

listermint wrote: »
    or the 77,

Both buses would actually be quicker than the 40 Minutes plus Luas journey.

Suggest checking out the routes on Dublin Bus site.

And im not sure where your buddy got off but they must have been up the back arse of tallaght somewhere Its a big place :)

Thought the 77 turned off at lights at tymon and 27 goes straight on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Thought the 77 turned off at lights at tymon and 27 goes straight on.

That's the 77a that turns at the light at Tymon. The 77 doesn't exist any more, it became the 27. OP, getting the 27 from town would probably be the easiest way for someone not familiar with the area.

Hi got no 27 which was perfect. Only a few minutes walk from gym Thanks everyone! !

Hi got no 27 which was perfect. Only a few minutes walk from gym Thanks everyone! !

That's brilliant.

Advertisement