Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber / Electrician (annual maintenance contract)

Options
  • 05-07-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

We are in Ballinteer, Dublin 16.

We are looking to retain a plumber and an electrician on an annual maintenance contract. We also need a plumber to fix up a few things in our bathroom and kitchen fairly urgently.

Would be grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thehegdes wrote: »
    We are in Ballinteer, Dublin 16.

We are looking to retain a plumber and an electrician on an annual maintenance contract. We also need a plumber to fix up a few things in our bathroom and kitchen fairly urgently.

Would be grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks

It'd be I unusual to have a plumber and sparks on a annual maintenance contract for a home. If there's that many problems just get the job done right.

However would you consider this service from the AA.
    http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Home-Membership.aspx

ted1 wrote: »
    It'd be I unusual to have a plumber and sparks on a annual maintenance contract for a home. If there's that many problems just get the job done right.

However would you consider this service from the AA.
    http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Home-Membership.aspx

I'd agree with this. It's rare that a domestic setup would need an annual maintenance contract.

I can't recommend a plumber, for the sole and simple reason that it's years since I've used one for repair/maintenance work - though I can recommend someone who has done really superb work for us in the last 12 months on new bathroom and en suite installations.

We have used a very good electrician (who's based in Dundrum) over the last few years, and we've always been happy with his work. He's reliable and meticulous, but he's not cheap (IMO, at any rate).

Likewise, we have a really good general maintenance guy who we've used over the last few years for every type of house repair and renovation job you could name apart from gas and electrics. He's done some minor plumbing for us as well. He's based in Tallaght but works all over the southside.

But I'm not sure if I can post their details here (we've no connection with either of them but I don't want to inadvertently break any rules on advertising).

Advertisement