Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Roscam

Options
  • 05-07-2015 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Think of moving out here, anyone with advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will it be just you, or a family etc?
    Roscam is nice. Not walking distance.

When I was younger, Roscam and Oranmore felt like they were in the middle of nowhere. Now, with adequate bus transportation, this isn't the case. It's also weird to compare how different that area is in the last ten years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

biko wrote: »
    Will it be just you, or a family etc?
    Roscam is nice. Not walking distance.

couple, no family

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Looked at houses there before but just felt there were too many houses in a small enough area.

If you're gonna go that far out maybe even venture a little further to oranmore. Much nicer in almost every regard imo.

Not sure about house price comparison though between the two which obviously could be a deal breaker. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If you're gonna go that far out maybe even venture a little further to oranmore. Much nicer in almost every regard imo.

Except flood-proofness. And public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Yeah, I wouldn't be buying too close to the sea.

Public transport isn't too bad. Obviously not as good as town

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Yeah, public transport from Oranmore is not good. I'm living there now but planning to move in to Roscam soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zeitner

I bought in Roscam and its a nice area. Close enough to town as its on a regular bus route. Lived in few other areas in the city but no complaints about Roscam.

Advertisement