Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safely demolishing a garden shed

Options
  • 05-07-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

I need to demolish my 20-year old wooden shed to make way for a new one - any advice on the best way to do this safely? I presume the roof should come off first..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

If its like one of those "Barna" type sheds - yes the roof comes off first.

I demolished one of these on my own a couple of years ago but an extra pair of hands for 30 minutes would be useful.

I presume that you are rubbishing the shed. The roof splits in two along the ridge so this is where you can do with the help. When built, the walls were all put up first like a box and then the two sides of the roof put on top. Take the felt off the roof first as its heavy and it should make removing the roof sheets easier. Hammering from inside will loosen each (sheet) side of the roof but take care it doesn't fall in on you.

Advertisement