Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed in Boi

Options
  • 05-07-2015 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Myself and my husband have both been members of Boi for 15 years plus. Have always got our wages paid into Boi, we do everything through online banking, pay our bank charges and interest. Boi were very helpful and happy to take money off us for house insurance and life insurances. Very encouraging that we take out any policy with them that they offered. so far so good
    Until we actually need to get a mortgage off them..... Between paying rent every week and the amount we are saving each week it's more than double what a mortgage would cost us. We are financially secure, have paid rent for 15 years, both in secure employment for many years, all bills paid, have enough money for a few treats and holidays. All fine till we mention kids.
    I'm so disappointed in Boi. We weren't greedy in the boom time but yet we are suffering now as we struggle to get a mortgage.
    ASAP we will both be leaving Boi, cancelling all insurance we have with them, it will be the end of us paying on average €80 bank charges every quarter between us and 4 young customers that they would have had had Boi actually helped us when we needed it will not be signing up to Boi in the future

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Myself and my husband have both been members of Boi for 15 years plus. Have always got our wages paid into Boi, we do everything through online banking, pay our bank charges and interest. Boi were very helpful and happy to take money off us for house insurance and life insurances. Very encouraging that we take out any policy with them that they offered. so far so good
    Until we actually need to get a mortgage off them..... Between paying rent every week and the amount we are saving each week it's more than double what a mortgage would cost us. We are financially secure, have paid rent for 15 years, both in secure employment for many years, all bills paid, have enough money for a few treats and holidays. All fine till we mention kids.
    I'm so disappointed in Boi. We weren't greedy in the boom time but yet we are suffering now as we struggle to get a mortgage.
    ASAP we will both be leaving Boi, cancelling all insurance we have with them, it will be the end of us paying on average €80 bank charges every quarter between us and 4 young customers that they would have had had Boi actually helped us when we needed it will not be signing up to Boi in the future
    Hi jennyhayes123,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear that you wish to close your account with us, mortgage applications are dealt with on a case by case basis and unfortunately we would not be able to discuss your application here.

If you would like to speak with a Mortgage Advisor, please send us a private message with your full name, contact number and the name of your account holding branch and we will be happy to arrange a call back for you. 

To send us a private message, please click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,
    Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Thanks Sharon. I tried to private message you but it said you can't receive private messages.
    Regards
    Jenny
    Hi jennyhayes123,

We are sorry to hear that you wish to close your account with us, mortgage applications are dealt with on a case by case basis and unfortunately we would not be able to discuss your application here.

If you would like to speak with a Mortgage Advisor, please send us a private message with your full name, contact number and the name of your account holding branch and we will be happy to arrange a call back for you. 

Thanks,
    Sharon

Thanks Sharon. I tried to private message you but it said you can't receive private messages.
    Regards
    Jenny
    Hi jennyhayes123,

Thanks,
    Sharon
    Hi Jenny,

Please ensure to have signatures displaying in your Boards settings so that you can click on the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Regards
    Jenny
    Hi jennyhayes123,

Thanks,
    Sharon
    Hi Jenny,

Please ensure to have signatures displaying in your Boards settings so that you can click on the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Sharon
    Hi Jenny,

We've received your PM and we'll arrange for a Mortgage Advisor to contact you on the number you provided to offer some further advice and assistance.

Thanks for getting in touch
    Sharon

Advertisement