Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running cap?

Options
  • 05-07-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

Could anyone point me in the direction of a decent light/breathable cap that i could buy online or in-store to keep the sun off my head while running?
    Went in to elverys yesterday but they didn't have any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I used to use caps, but find buffs much better... I ordered the item below from Amazon and got 6 excellent buffs for just over 20 quid. There are lots of different sets to choose from . Beware they take about 4 weeks to deliver!

Delicol 6pcs Assorted Seamless Outdoor Sport Bandanna Headwrap Scarf Wrap(9 Sets Options) (set 10) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VFXA8LM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_42yMvbYPDM9C6

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Great thread. I too was looking for some good breathable headgear.

My hats I use are just regular baseball caps which can make me overheat AND they keep blowing off in the wind which is really annoying. I actually have a crick in my neck if I go for a long run as I have to keep my head down so the hat won't blow off. Anyone else find this!?

DubOnHoliday - do those scarves stay in place?

Pink11 wrote: »

DubOnHoliday - do those scarves stay in place?

Absolutely. Never had any bother with them. I never run without them now.

If you go with that particular brand you will need to use parcel motel to avoid ridiculous postage charges...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

I used to use caps, but find buffs much better... I ordered the item below from Amazon and got 6 excellent buffs for just over 20 quid. There are lots of different sets to choose from . Beware they take about 4 weeks to deliver!

Delicol 6pcs Assorted Seamless Outdoor Sport Bandanna Headwrap Scarf Wrap(9 Sets Options) (set 10) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VFXA8LM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_42yMvbYPDM9C6

I'd probably get away with the plain coloured ones in set 15 or 16 but I'd never live it down if I ventured outside wearing any of those other ones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Raidlight Sahara hat works well, includes a removeable neck protector. Inov-8 do running hats as well.

• Advertisement

You can buy them individually from DealXtreme for ~ $2-3 including postage.

lgk wrote: »
    You can buy them individually from DealXtreme for ~ $2-3 including postage.

Good spot, but the same model as on amazon is actually $4.64 each.

Good spot, but the same model as on amazon is actually $4.64 each.

I just go for the cheap solid colour ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If you're ever in Belfast, Decathlon have very good ones in their Kalenji range that have a UV rating (not sure of the one on mine). Have it with 3 months and recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I have a good inov-8 one - Hot Peak 60, nice light material with a sweatband material on the inside rim of the cap that stops sweat dripping down your face.
    They don't seem to be available on wiggle any more, but am sure you could find one online somewhere.

A quick google gives me what looks like an even lighter one, Race Peak 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I got a couple of promo buffs at two different events. I wear them pirate style running (Arrr!), under the helmet on the bike and around my neck to prevent wetsuit-burn while swimming.
    Invaluable piece of kit I never would have bought but discovered completely by accident.

Advertisement