Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering about a J1

Options
  • 05-07-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,
    Im a full time student whole will be graduating in 2017. I have a friend who will be graduating in 2016. Unfortunately next summer I will be on INTRA work placement afor the whole summer and I won't be able to go on a J1. I was curious to know if me and my friend could apply to do it the following summer? My friend will have been graduated a year and may have a job by that point. The details are a little vague on the website jor the J1 visas. It states that people can still apply for one up to a year after graduating. DOes anyone know if there's a way we could both do one for the sumemr of 2017?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 culx

There are about 14 different categories of J1s it seems like ye are interested in the summer work and travel which is valid for 4 months. As your friend will have already graduated they would not be eligible for this category as you need to be a full time student at the time of application. Your friend could apply for a 12 month graduate visa which is generally more expensive than the standard summer work and travel J1 but it is valid for longer... Hope this helps

Advertisement