Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhattan popcorn recipe change

Options
  • 05-07-2015 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Had pack today and thought it tasted different to what I expected. A very fatty aftertaste.

Checked ingredients and they now use hydrogenated coconut oil which is extremely high in saturated fat and now is over 20% fat content.

Checked online and up to recently they used vegetable oil and less than 14% fat content.

New taste is yeuch and greasy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Haven't had them in quite some time but I used to love them!! Will definitely buy a pack soon and evaluate this change :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did it definitely say hydrogenated coconut oil?

Coconut oil is used in many cinemas, it's usual melting point is near that of the human body and so is more melt in the mouth.

Though high in saturated fat is thought to be very healthy by many people, but not the hydrogenated kind. As we have cooler weather here I would not see the need to use hydrogenated.

Though I think it can possibly be hydogenated and not have trans fats, which are the real nasties to watch for.

Advertisement