Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esta time and new passoprt

Options
  • 05-07-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My passport is ready for collection tuesday and i have a flight booked for thursday will i have time to get an esta or should i call them and let them know tomorrow in order to allow for the 78 hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

ESTA approval is normally instant, but it can take longer.

I don't think the Passport Office will do anything to expidite at this stage and/or for an ESTA application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

make sure you use the official site

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

It's pretty quick (usually within seconds)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have applied for countless ESTAs over the years with those stupid short dated kids passports, always instant, once took a few hours, never overnight or longer...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

My passport is ready for collection tuesday and i have a flight booked for thursday ...

That's cutting it a bit fine, had the previous passport expired or did someone repeat the urban myth that you needed six months remaining on the old one one to travel to the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Apply the moment the passport arrives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement