Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative Experience Rathsallagh House MOD WARNING POST 19 & 63

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

The hotel didn't have a family emergency. Joe was waiting for the op to arrive for their meeting.

He wasn't able to attend his first cousin removal as he was meeting the OP. He also mentioned that he was and is still grieving. Maybe not an emergency but an important event. I don't think the owner was in the frame of mind to be meeting potential customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Toots wrote: »
    "entertaining-but-ultimately-far-too-troublesome wedding threads"

Could we have this as a sticky where each new one is added to a list.

A sort of "legends of weddings, marriage and civil partnership"

Actually sounds like a bad comic title.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

alsoknownaz I have already issued a warning on the thread about making personal comments about the parties involved in this. Seeing as you are new to the forum, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not infract you. Please make sure that you read the Charter on the main page of this forum before posting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Heh, Joe's reply got post of the day, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alsoknownaz

Toots wrote: »
    alsoknownaz I have already issued a warning on the thread about making personal comments about the parties involved in this. Seeing as you are new to the forum, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not infract you. Please make sure that you read the Charter on the main page of this forum before posting again.

I apologise Toots, I should have taken a deep breath when I read that text message transcript. I guess I understand what happened the owner of the hotel better now and I too put my hands up.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now and wish the OP best of luck in married life and I equally wish Joe well in his business.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Heh, Joe's reply got post of the day, delighted!

That explains the increased reported posts traffic on this thread! God, post of the day can be a blessing and a curse! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Glad Joe replied and gave his account of the story. I knew there was more to it!

I think the tripadvisor review should be deleted, I have reported similar tripadvisor reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now and wish the OP best of luck in married life and I equally wish Joe well in his business.

Rookie mistake, these are the threads that keep on giving, still waiting for the next installment from our resident artist and cake guy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This is by far one of the most entertaining forums on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,410 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just followed the W,M&CP Forum. Never thought that would happen.
    Fair play Joe, I've been in your position before. And fair play to Boards for giving him the right to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Genuinely don't understand how people can be so vindictive, deliberately setting out to cause harm to someone just trying to make a living, especially when she was completely in the wrong.

In the industry I work in, we have had issues with people booking appointments for our busiest times, and then in turn us turning down other customers that want to come the same time, and then having maybe two appointments not show up.
    It's rude, really selfish and just downright ignorant. People always have an excuse ready too.

The OP did not reply to any attempts made to contact her in regards to confirming her appointment, I'd say the only mistake Joe made here was not cancelling it then. A blase "something came up, sorry" doesn't really cut it when you've left someone dangling. A last minute cancellation deserves a phone call to ensure the person you're meeting isn't left standing like a stook waiting for you as you can't be sure anyone will get an email on a Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

greenfrogs wrote: »
    He wasn't able to attend his first cousin removal as he was meeting the OP. He also mentioned that he was and is still grieving.
    That's true - but that's really Joe's responsibility, and not the OPs. He made the decision to skip the family event to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Honestly I would be mortified to be the OP this morning :D fair play Joe for putting your hands up and writing an interesting, informative response. Does show that there's always 2 sides to every story. Also very telling that OP still hasn't come back with one response in this entire thread.

And fair play to Toots, you always get these crazy threads that explode :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Novella wrote: »
    This is by far one of the most entertaining forums on Boards.

Isn't it?? I'm not getting married and don't know anyone who is, but I regularly visit for the drama :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Isn't it?? I'm not getting married and don't know anyone who is, but I regularly visit for the drama :pac:
    i'm still getting over the story about the guest that literally shat everywhere at a wedding...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

i'm still getting over the story about the guest that literally shat everywhere at a wedding...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That. Was. Horrific.
    but soooo entertaining.

Toots, fair play to you- when it kicks off in your forum it REALLY kicks off :D

Fair play. Now will you be putting THAT on Tripadvisor? ;)

Holy cráp, he's only gone and posted his response here word for word on TA!

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g551588-d271749-Reviews-Rathsallagh_House-Dunlavin_County_Wicklow.html#REVIEWS

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Poor Toots!! But hands down, this is the most entertaining forum on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Jenna wrote: »
    So stay away from Rathsallagh everyone and tell every engaged couple that you know because this man is the most abusive man I have ever encountered.

You must live an extremely sheltered life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Milly33

MMm tisnt actually bad in fairness kinda sounds like the OP took it all too much to hear.. The chap sounds gas gives as good as he gets...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Milly33

Man I had to come back, I love this man his so honest...

Just reading a few reviews and this he does sounds like a D4 head now, was saying he thought the hotel was dated and the price of drink too much, and he found the food one dimensional the chaps response

". Your drinks bill for one siting then was twice your room bill, 2 bottles of wine before dinner, 2 more during followed by other bar beverages then shots to finish, we are not surprised then that you found the menu one dimensional. "

Says it like it is. I want to go visit there now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

RainyDay wrote: »
    That's true - but that's really Joe's responsibility, and not the OPs. He made the decision to skip the family event to go to work.

When you run your own business and have a commitment made to a customer then family business such as a funeral which is organised in a short space of time has to come second. I had a family funeral over Christmas and did my utmost not to inconvenience anybody who I had made a prior arrangement with. But if I had experienced a "no show" such as what the OP did I'm sure I would have reacted exactly the same way. Customers have a way of thinking that "family tragedies" only apply to them, and in fact tend to use it to their advantage to garner sympathy and that business owners don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Gone are the days when most businesses closed for family funerals, it just causes too much hassle with customers who don't really care what goes on outside their own world. I'd imagine a bridezilla style OP would be at the grand end of the scale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ealasaid

Milly33 wrote: »
    Man I had to come back, I love this man his so honest...

Just reading a few reviews and this he does sounds like a D4 head now, was saying he thought the hotel was dated and the price of drink too much, and he found the food one dimensional the chaps response

". Your drinks bill for one siting then was twice your room bill, 2 bottles of wine before dinner, 2 more during followed by other bar beverages then shots to finish, we are not surprised then that you found the menu one dimensional. "

Says it like it is. I want to go visit there now

Haha, that's brilliant, Milly33. I had a look at his other replies and fair play to Joe he's not afraid to put people right after they've slagged him off. I live in Scotland but if I lived in Ireland I'd be heading over to Rathsallagh too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I note the OP has had just 67 posts in 11 years. We could be waiting awhile for a response but I have a sneaking suspicion she has more than 1 account here...;)

If I ever get to Rathsallagh House, Joe is getting a massive high 5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

There's wearing your heart on your sleeve, as he puts it, and then there's being rude to your paying guests, which seems to be where most of his feedback falls. It's as if he's discouraging people from posting any criticism whatsoever of his establishment, even where it's warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

There's wearing your heart on your sleeve, as he puts it, and then there's being rude to your paying guests, which seems to be where most of his feedback falls. It's as if he's discouraging people from posting any criticism whatsoever of his establishment, even where it's warranted.

Indeed. I expect some of his biggest fans here wouldn't be too enamoured to be on the receiving end of it if they encountered a problem with something they paid for. But it's funny when it's someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Ealasaid wrote: »
    Haha, that's brilliant, Milly33. I had a look at his other replies and fair play to Joe he's not afraid to put people right after they've slagged him off. I live in Scotland but if I lived in Ireland I'd be heading over to Rathsallagh too!

If you do go just hope you don't have a problem with the toilets, and complain on tripadvisor. Joe will be telling us what you ate for dinner and breakfast and how its your fault the toilet broke.

Op was completely over the top with her reactions and misleading posts here and on ta. But Joe's excuse of wearing his heart in his sleeve and apologising but not is typical of his responses and completely unprofessional. He should definitely reconsider his approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Being a bit cheeky and lazy- any chance of a direct link or what page is it on? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Being a bit cheeky and lazy- any chance of a direct link or what page is it on? Cheers
    i'm sure someone remembers i can't think of it....ha just saw your user name...it wasn't you by any chance?? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement