Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative Experience Rathsallagh House MOD WARNING POST 19 & 63

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

No. They're with the groom, hence "groomsmen".

The best man isn't a groomsman. The groom usually has a best man and any number of groomsmen. Plus, when booking a wedding package in a hotel, they may have champagne for the bridal party on arrival. You also may have flowers for the bridal party. Neither are exclusive to females.

He may have been a batty boy- the wonderful review, bridal party. No self respecting bloke would post such a review.

A batty boy?!? Are you for real?!??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

The best man isn't a groomsman. The groom usually has a best man and any number of groomsmen. Plus, when booking a wedding package in a hotel, they may have champagne for the bridal party on arrival. You also may have flowers for the bridal party. Neither are exclusive to females.

The best man is always with the groom, that's his role. I've never heard of men being part of a bridal party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The best man is always with the groom, that's his role. I've never heard of men being part of a bridal party.

The bridal party is often used to mean anyone 'in' the wedding.

So, mother and father of the bride, mother and father of the groom, bride, groom, and attendants.

They are. It's just the collective term for the wedding party members. Look it up & you'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

foodaholic wrote: »
    I think we should organise a Boards trip - wonder if Joe will give us a discount ??
    man.....the sunday lunch....a boardsie sunday lunch in rathsallagh.....pinkies up :)

ps
    the sunday lunch is AWESOME

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Locked while I review some of the crap posted on here.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Right, having reviewed what's been posted on this thread since I was last on (at 5am) I think it's run it's course and is becoming too troublesome. What needs to be said on the issue has been said at this stage, and leaving it open (aside from the entertainment factor) is just flogging a dead horse; particularly considering that the OP hasn't come back to post anything further.

Sorry to be Buzz Killington, but I'm sure another contentious thread will come up about something else before too long - it's never exactly quiet here.

Oh, and partyguinness, I've deleted your post, but for future reference that's the sort of thing that will get you banned from here if you post like that again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement