Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas heating vs oil heating

Options
  • 05-07-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Will be coming to Letterkeny soon. I saw most of houses have oil based heating. This will be my ist time to use oil based heating. Any probs with this? Should I prefer house with gas heating or there is no difference.?
    And please guide any area which I should avoid for living with family.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

We don't have gas piping up here, so you'll be changing out the gas tank a lot if you use it for heating. Oil is expensive enough, but oil boilers are pretty reliable.

The only definite area to avoid that I can name is Meadowbank, and anywhere along the road it's beside (long lane). Don't be tempted by the cheap rent and cheap houses, the houses themselves are very large and well built, but the area just isn't worth it.

Edit: oops, remembered another area. Anywhere past the first road of Ballymacool Woods, also a rough area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

There's gas heating in Gleann Tain, i had it when i lived there. Hated it personally though compared to oil as there's always the temptation to let it run that extra 5 minutes. At least with oil, you don't get a nasty bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Firblog

Go for oil everytime, I'm seriously pissed off with the price charged by Calor for gas in the estate I live in; got some serious bills from them.

Advertisement