Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Centre Powerlifting / S&C

• 05-07-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm looking for a gym/club in Dublin City Centre that does powerlifting or strength and conditioning sessions. I really want somewhere that is close to my work (next to Trinity College). I'm relatively new to strength training, I've been doing stuff in the gym on my own but I'm looking for something a bit more structured, where I can train with other likeminded people and have a bit of accountability too.

Are there any small gyms or clubs in that area? My backup plan is to cycle or bus up to Revolution Fitness northside.

Feel free to Pm me for specific recommendations or whatever! :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Volovo wrote: »
    I'm looking for a gym/club in Dublin City Centre that does powerlifting or strength and conditioning sessions. I really want somewhere that is close to my work (next to Trinity College). I'm relatively new to strength training, I've been doing stuff in the gym on my own but I'm looking for something a bit more structured, where I can train with other likeminded people and have a bit of accountability too.

Are there any small gyms or clubs in that area? My backup plan is to cycle or bus up to Revolution Fitness northside.

Feel free to Pm me for specific recommendations or whatever! :pac:

You've only about 3 weeks left with RevFit in DC... so unless you can go as far as Ballyboggan Rd in Glasnevin, rule us out :)

There's not a lot in town doing that sorta stuff tbh.

CrossFit, and not much else that springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

How about southside as far as Stillorgan/Blackrock?

Volovo wrote: »
    How about southside as far as Stillorgan/Blackrock?

Urban Fitness on Brookfield Terrace springs to mind first because the lads are mates of mine and good at what they do.

I'm sure there's others :) If I think of any I'll post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭CWF

What about Hercs? Might be worth checking out!

CWF wrote: »
    What about Hercs? Might be worth checking out!

I would have mentioned Hercs, but he said he wants coaching and accountability.

I know a large portion of what I know now because of things I learned in hercs, but the knowledge isn't structured like you'd get in a class type set up.

...but obviously the more you invest in trying to get to know the guys and helping out, the more you'll get back in return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement