Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time lapse video to Youtube

Options
  • 05-07-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, trying to post a time lapse but when I do, it just doesn't look 1080p or high quality. When I upload it to my phone(Note 2) to view it, its perfect and just how I imagined.

I currently don't have examples to show you as I deleted them off my YouTube channel as I was a bit pissed off. I am making a number of videos and putting them all together and should be about 6 minutes long with music. Any tips would be grateful or is it part an parcel of uploading to YouTube.

I use a D7100, shoot in raw and the video is going to be made up of many 10-15 second clips. Editing is done in lightroom and converted to 29.97fps if this helps. If YouTube isn't the best to use for this frame rate, what other sites could I use......Vimeo?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Youtube will continue to improve the quality after a video uploads and is made available for viewing. Did you give it a few hours?

...or use Vimeo, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scobyobrien

Youtube will continue to improve the quality after a video uploads and is made available for viewing. Did you give it a few hours?

Ha ha, no I didn't, crap.

I think I was just so pissed off spending time traveling to my destination, spending 3 hours shooting the time lapse and then spending 3 - 4 hours editing.

I'll give that a shot and leave it for a day or two and then check in on it.

Thanks man, hopefully that will help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I don't think I've seen it stated officially, I've just noticed it myself.

...and I'd stick to 24, 30 or 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scobyobrien

I don't think I've seen it stated officially, I've just noticed it myself.

...and I'd stick to 24, 30 or 60fps.

30fps messes the video up for some reason and 24 looks too crap. For whatever reason 29.97fps works perfect. I only could download the templates for 24, 29.97 and 30fps for light room, couldnt find 60fps template

Advertisement